How the Coronavirus will affect Bay Area Housing Market

Turn office space into housing. Think about it.
Nobody has to live in their RV in the parking lot anymore.

Beach today is full of 100% remote workers.

:smile:

No wonder why California gets leading covid new cases daily. It triples NY every day.

Remote work from here

https://www.vladi-private-islands.de/en/islands-for-sale/caribbean/bahamas/bonefish-cay/

But the economist does see a longer-term trend — driven by the ongoing shift towards telecommuting — of people migrating to the suburbs.

:wink:

According to the rental website Zumper, the average cost for a one-bedroom apartment in San Francisco has dropped 5.4% over the past month.

7x7 :-1:

1 Like

Have you Guys noticed East bay is red hot, as well as Sacramento

Houses are selling in the Sacramento MSA. Covid19 less of an issue in the exburbs. Social distancing is SOP.

Latest news from friends and my realtor: cambrian market is apparently red hot, going above pre-covid level.

In low end Los Altos / high Mountain View, homes are pending in < 1 week. Apparently everyone thinks market is stalling so buyers jumping in / sellers waiting (inventory down).

3 Likes

Bad news for the SV haters here…

:thinking:

https://www.upwork.com/press/economics/the-future-of-remote-work/

Purchased beginning of May. Cambrian. Luckily only three buyers included us.

3 Likes

No one hates SV. It is the mismanagement of state that generates frustration. As people are becoming aware of the problem, the wrong people who are in control of the state will be slowly flushed out and replaced with people whose thinking is grounded in realities of the life.
Just watch how Newsom has been acting in last two months. Seems like under pressure to act logically. He is carefully avoiding confrontation. Basically, he is simply following and doing what other states are doing with a delay of one week. I thought CA was supposed to lead the nation, not follow others.

I found these lines in the comment section of a newssite:

California Dreamin’ and “I love New York” direction and control over the rest of the United States through the current Democrat elites in power are over. Their stage plays are now boring, trite and lack any inspiration. Foul words, outburst of anger by actors in support of the Democrats are doing them harm. Democrats have an urgent need clean house. Start fresh. No fresh scent sprayed for masking the odor will achieve what’s needed.

That is what bloggers here expecting. With telecommuting, people would move away from 7x7 :poop: and PA snobs to nicer and cheaper neighborhoods like Pleasanton, San Ramon, Cambrian, … as far as Sacramento :grinning: May be to @jil home at Morgan Hill and Gilroy :shushing_face:

I didn’t own any rentals in 7x7 or PA :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Guilty? I am wondering who he is referring to. No bloggers hate SV. The :cut_of_meat: is with the political climate of California and 7x7 :poop:.

:+1:

1 Like

@hmmwv79 Congratulations . 95124 ? That’s going to be a breast area also within a biking distance to Netflix , Roku, New Google campus, splint and short drive to Apple campus via Sam Thomas Expressway .

Yes. 95124. I did not know that can bicycle to new google campus(San Jose downtown)?

I signed the petition to recall Newsom. But now that Ting hates him, I am re evaluating him. Not an easy time to be governor.

1 Like