How Trump has handled the pandemic

I am a bad judge. Only good at anal-yzing :hugs:

Edit: Btw, despite all his flaws, if I am an American, I will vote for him :face_with_hand_over_mouth: because his (Republican) policies benefit me more than democrats. Yes, I am selfish :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Enough though Trump is an egomaniac and a blowhard, he has actually handled the virus better than European leaders and Governor Cuomo. Amazingly Newsom has done a good job. His chances for becoming POTUS have gone way up. Great leaders are created in great crisis. Trump should take heed. Biden can only be a bystander.

Trump needs to learn that free speech doesn’t apply to the President. Everything he says has a cost. And he needs to measure the cost before he says anything.

An old joke. An American and a Russian are debating the relative merits of their respective political systems. The American says, “I can get up in the middle of Lafayette Park, right across from the White House. Shout at the top of my lungs, ‘The President is an idiot; he’s incompetent; he’s a jerk’ without the least fear of getting arrested or harassed. Can you?”

“Of course, replied the Russian. “I can get up in the middle of Red Square and shout at the top of my lungs, ‘The American President is an idiot; he’s incompetent; he’s a jerk’ without the least fear.”

Free speech is a hallmark of American life. So long as you do not threaten the life of the President or the violent overthrow of the government. Unless you are President

4 Likes

My comment on free speech was not about Trump. It was about some people shouting racism if any particular country is criticized only because those comments came from Trump or the US government without verifying if the facts are true even if it comes from this administration or President.

1 Like

You did not judge but did make an assumption about me that I am Trumpet. But, your assumption was right this time. You may not be lucky always though.

1 Like

Free speech is based on the axiom that truth never hurts. Nothing else.

You said so in past posts :slight_smile:

I thought is diversity of thought/ opinions leading to a better understanding of the issue and better solution?

Politics is not about truth it’s about persuasion. Telling the truth just pisses off some of your constituents. Trump is only concerned about his supporters. The truth as never been a concern for him. He can say anything and they will believe it. But in times of crisis his job is to convince everyone… requires diplomacy and finesse… not his strong points.

1 Like

I think the operating principle is to do right and let the chips fall wherever they may. But, I agree everyone is persuading one person or another. And a politician has to win the elections.

1 Like

Looks like he’s persuading alright for himself :smiley:

3 Likes

FDA has approved it for compassionate use. They are trying it in a lot of countries.

wow. There was a playbook to follow for this and the Trump admin filled with not very smart people who think they are the smartest around didn’t follow. No wonder everything is so messed up.

1 Like

This is a tough watch for Biden.

He can’t improvise at all.

Hard to see trump losing to him unless the economy is in dumps

Newsom POTS 2024 pretty certain now

Trump fulfilled his campaign promise. Mexicans are paying for the wall.

1 Like

COVID-19 is a test of the world’s medical community to cooperate.

Coronavirus is a medical crisis. Intuitively I thought the top health official should be overseeing and driving the management of the crisis. That is what happened in Singapore, the CV task force is led by Health Minister. However, in USA, Trump directed VP Pence to head the task force. Searching the web, I found this article,

Trump is full of shit. But local officials are just as bad in the other direction.

2 Likes

Trump has blood on his hands now

1 Like

The article is behind a paywall. But, the real question is the number of ventilators needed. Does USA need 80,0000 new ventilators at a price tag of 1 B or something like that all of the sudden? How many do we need realistically considering that hospitals usually have only few of them at any given time.

The few that hospitals have are enough for normal cases like surgery, etc. most ICU covid patients need ventilator support. There’s not enough to support them and caseload patients. People are going to die

It is funny that some democratic governors are banning chloroquine, a cheap medicine approved by FDA for compassionate use, and demanding an unusually large number of ventilators. Ventilators are complex piece of machinery and expensive I do not know the real situation, but I am summarizing the dispute between politicians for those who are not following it in detail.

1 Like