How Trump has handled the pandemic

It’s not a big deal? Seriously?

How do you define ‘not a very lethal virus’?

1.8% of the population dies? Absolute numbers like 1.6 million Americans? What is your threshold?

Huge problem. The highest concentration of cases is in urban Democratic strongholds. Since Trump touted the drug now none of them will take it.

Costco Kirkland brand is very good. Russian Standard platinum is good. So is Kettle 1 and Tahoe Blue. All according to my wife. I don’t drink vodka.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/chloroquine-phosphate-death-coronavirus-trump-treatment-covid-19-cure-malaria-cleaner-a9420176.html%3Famp

The article says

“An Arizona man has died and his wife is in critical condition after they ingested chloroquine phosphate - an aquarium cleaning product similar to drugs that have been named by President Trump as potential treatments for coronavirus infection.”

It is not the same medicine that is being tried for the treating coronovirus.

Can you read the article and vet it before sharing it? It only creates misinformation.

1 Like

Kirkland domestic one or the one made in France?

I have kirkland domestic at home right now but I’m running low.

1 Like

My liberal friends recommend copious amounts of vodka while watching Trump speak. Makes it more palatable.

1 Like

Yes, I read it. :wink:

1. President pushes chloroquine
  2. Supporters can’t get it from the pharmacy so come up with the ingenious solution of substituting an aquarium cleaning product…
  3. Joe Biden wins the election
2 Likes

I think tonic water is a safer bet than aquarium cleaner, with lots of vodka of course. My wife drink both Kirkland brands. I bet the French one is actually Grey Goose owned by barcardi

The domestic brand is distilled 6 times.

Here is another cure

5 Likes

Saw Corona virus Task Force News conference. Everyone seemed relaxed. Even the reporters were less hostile to Trump. Trump talked of relaxing the shutdown and allowing some parts of the economy and some communities to open up. He reiterated shutdown is more dangerous than the virus itself for many people. We may see a period of time, when shutdown and opened up continue in parallel. Test swabs are being developed for self-test to save time and to protect health workers. Some reporter did not like the idea that shutdown may end at some places as soon as the end of the week. I think Administration believes the situation is in control considering the relaxed atmosphere inside the conference room.

1 Like

Flattening already. Should be enough* beds and ventilators without those new in-construction ones. WH was over-reacting. Yesterday, Trump is optimistic and may start opening next week - obviously based on data, if data coming in continues to improve, expect more opening - we might be back in biz earlier than expected.
Using ptiemann tracking,

Here are the cases for the US:

Thursday: 9500 = Base
Friday: 14500, base * 1.53 = 14.54k
Saturday: 22700, *1.53 = 22.24k
Sunday 34k, *1.53 = 34.02k
Monday 44k, *1.29 = 44k
Today so far, 49.6, *1.13
Edit: 7 pm CST, 53.4k, *1.21

Growth rate slows from 1.53 to 1.29 to 1.13

*May not be enough at State and/or local level

growth number is limited by the amount of test given, last couple days looks like max at 50-60k test, i thought we ramping up , no???

I talked to a couple of doctor friends of mine over the weekend (checking if they needed me to run supplies to them if they were swamped). They said the patient load is actually ok right now but expect to be swamped in 2-3 weeks

2 Likes

Correct. I can’t find other testing numbers from authentic sources which vary significantly from the link that I posted.

Trump said in today’s news conference, Texas is doing very well and a large portion of Texas can be open earlier :+1:

Fatality rate ranges from 4.47% (18802/421023) to 14.79% (18802/127130)
Singapore lower bound 0.36%
Germany lower bound 0.48%
Taiwan lower bound 0.93%
HK lower bound 1.04%
USA lower bound 1.30%
S.Korea lower bound 1.33%
China lower bound 4.04%
UK lower bound 5.22%
Italy lower bound 9.86%

The coronavirus epidemic was a medical issue we knew that.

It became an economic issue. We see that too.

And now the coronavirus epidemic has become a purely political issue. When an issue becomes political, in other words, when a politician thinks politics is OK on an issue, my experience says that real issue becomes secondary or tertiary.
Hatred for Trump and Love for Virus?
Here you go:

Sisolak signed an emergency order earlier Tuesday barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus. The order restricting chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine came after President Donald Trump touted the medication as a treatment and falsely stated that the Food and Drug Administration had just approved the use of chloroquine to treat patients infected with coronavirus. Sisolak said in a statement that there’s no consensus among experts or Nevada doctors that the drugs can treat people with COVID-19.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/nevada/articles/2020-03-24/nevada-governor-bars-malaria-drugs-for-coronavirus-patients

Americans love to talk politics, almost any issues can turn political and racial. I think you are 100% Americanized so you feel Sisolak action is politically driven. Sisolak made that decision based on doctors’ view. Do you think Bill Gates’ view below is politically driven? Anti-Trump? IMHO, is a consequence of freedom of expression, speech and press.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/bill-gates-on-coronavirus-we-need-to-shut-down/ar-BB11EDci?li=BBnb4R7

Sisolak is banning chloroquine out of pure spite. The drug is safe, has been in use for more than 50 years, is currently prescribed for treating certain ailments. And FDA has allowed compassionate use under medical supervision. If a governer still bans the drug, it is pure spite, politics, and hatred for President. The safety of residents of Nevada is his least of the concerns.

Do you realize you are a diehard Trumpet?

Is it a good thing or a bad thing?