How's Belmont & San Carlos?

Belmont I heard is popular in Indian community as well.

2 Likes

Damn is it? Iā€™m looking there to get away from you @RealEstatebull :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Remember, I have been stalking you :slight_smile:

Primary?

1 Like

This might be counter-intuitive, but you want to live and own in a metro where thereā€™s nightmare traffic. That means itā€™s a desirable place. A metro where thereā€™s hardly any traffic can hardly be excited aboutā€¦

3 Likes

As is Orion and Clifford. Northstar isnā€™t a zoned school, so only good for homebuyers if your kids arenā€™t in 3rd grade and can test in.

That said, the stuff near Atherton (Selby Lane) is pretty hot just by virtue of its location.

massive price drop:

Looks like the agent did pay attention and dropped a million more than needed:smile:

Price drops are in rapid successions, maybe they have urgency to sellā€¦

I am sure it will be corrected. REA is bad with numbersā€¦

sure, i am not expecting 1m drop, they probably wanted to drop to 1998 or something like that.

and there it goes 1988,

Resurrecting an old thread because we got interested in San Carlos. :wink:

Why is White Oaks area popular? Looks like their schools are not as good as the other San Carlos locations. E.g.:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Carlos/166-Belvedere-Ave-94070/home/1469935#property-history

1 Like

I like san carlos, but for 2 mil. I rather get millbrae, burlingame

A realtor told me San Carlos is PA Junior.

or itā€™s stuck in the middle between sf and sb(兩頭唔到å²øļ¼‰, didnā€™t get both side of the good

I think the area north of Brittan feeds into better schools. But if you are not planning to have kids that doesnā€™t matter.

Right. Some of these homes are really pretty. :heart_eyes:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Carlos/105-Beverly-Dr-94070/home/2034093

1 Like

Reviving old thread, this was interesting to read. What do you guys think about buying in Belmont today? Given developments in Covid and RTO how do you think it will perform in a downturn/ appreciation over time vs Sunnyvale/Mountain View etc (other similarily priced areas)

Belmont is mostly up on the hills. I would be wary to have a house up in the woods because of wildfire risks.

San Carlos is flatter and closer to South Bay tech companies but price a step above.