Impact of election on market

The history of the radical right is made up by a bunch leftist racists in Georgia. A hate group called the Southern leadership conference . They think everyone that is white is a cracker KKK member.
Then there is the Black Smithsonian. Another anti white group. NAACP, BLM, Antifa, . … Affirmative action that discriminates against whites and Asians.

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-about-race/topics/whiteness

and black nationalist groups — such as the Nation of Islam and the Black Hebrew Israelites — has increased. Its intelligence project director, Heidi Beirich, told reporters in a phone call that the majority of groups in both categories are anti-Semitic.

https://www.splcenter.org/

Trying to make America all about white vs Black ignores all the other races and all immigrants to America since the Civil War. It is an insult too everyone, especially non white and non blacks Americans.

3 Likes

That’s interesting. If Dems sweep (house, senate and whitehouse), few things are probably clear:

  • Increase supreme court justices to even out party divide --> no impact on stocks
  • Nationalize healthcare (I believe they won’t make the same compromise/mistake like obamacare) --> drug, healthcare stocks f****d!
  • Tax increase is coming in one form or another --> if corporate, that’s a huge impact to stock market but multinational corporations are probably ok
  • Massive stimulus is coming --> great for stock market until macro can’t take it anymore
  • Massive infra bill is coming --> buy buy everything, including RE
  • Green energy in overdrive --> buy Tesla, etc
  • Trade tension eased --> prob doesn’t matter much
  • Likely calm down urban riots --> buy RE in cities

What else?

1 Like

Sound like net BU(Y)/(LLISH) :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Buy RGR and Smith and Wesson stocks and plenty of ammo.

1 Like

I am bullish on gun stocks

1 Like

How accurate polls are…Here you go !

Source:2016 Election Forecast | FiveThirtyEight

2 Likes

Psychology 101

Overwhelming chance of winning is not good because some idiots swing voters would vote for the one with very low chance of winning thereby creating a freak unexpected outcome.

30% chance of winning is not zero. If someone tells me I have a 30% chance of becoming billionaire I world cry in joy.

1 Like

Really what that means is that they don’t care at all. I’d be shocked if such people bothered to go to the polls. Maybe mail-in ballots are a bad idea if it gives these people an easier way to do this.

1 Like

Yep, people either a) didn’t turn out to vote b) voted for someone else because they thought HRC was going to win in a landslide. I know from my circle, it was definitely the case. This time around, very unlikely to happen.

Also, back then, there were many silent Trump voters. This time around, I believe it’s the other way around. You have many silent previous Trump voters who either a) will not vote for Trump b) will go with Biden or other. Pretty much all my close Republican relatives are not going with Trump who are willing to speak up.

I don’t expect a close race IMO but nothing is certain!

2 Likes

Antifa and BLM threaten to beat the hell out of any Trump supporter. No wonder they lie to the pollsters.

2 Likes

Not sure why riots would diminish. We had plenty of them under Biden/Obama - and they were actually instigated by his administration (Obama learned nothing at his “beer summit.”).
Packing the SC with leftists ultimately leads to an erosion of property rights which is bad for the economy in general although that will take some time. It also leads to chaos since it forces the Reps to pack in even more when the pendulum turns. A few election cycles and you have 50 SC justices. Chaos. Again, this is long term.
I wonder what the average age is on this forum? We should do a poll to see the distribution.

1 Like

Every time I hit a Trader Joe’s in Phoenix I get nothing but compliments from strangers for my Donald Trump face mask. Strangers all too afraid to wear one themselves.

1 Like

yeah, I get the sour grapes and hate towards Trump having another SC pick, but the threat to expand the court, to me, means the destruction of our government. What’s next? Abolish the court altogether? Get rid of the Senate because it’s unfair to NY and CA? Move to 8 year elections?

Expanding Supreme Court is within the constitution. Abolishing the court? Not so much.

One dem confided to me that he voted Trump in 2016. He said he knows some hardcore Dems who too voted Trump. I agree with you that there is a big angry dem vote. But, they do not know who to vote. Biden is typical of the leaders who emerge in the final years of a dying regime. When Napoleon was fighting, he pretty much got a walkover from the French Royalty. Hence the famous statement: The crown of France lay on the ground. I lifted it with the tip of my sword and put it on my head. He did not even have to fight. Same with Biden. Biden cannot fight.

1 Like

apparently it didn’t go over so well before:

Voters are the court above the supreme court. It is quite apparent.

1 Like

I didn’t say it’s popular. Just that it’s within the Constitution. Much depends on what the senate Republicans will do with ACB. If they rammed the nomination thru, just because they have the power to do so, even though it violates the principle they made up four years ago, public may see it as an illegitimate process and support for expansion may rise.

I actually think capturing the senate is far more important. And we can talk about what to do afterwards, not before.