Indices & ETFs

Using straight line resistance and support TA… descending expanding wedge pattern…

Sound good but take note, bullish after 3100 :hugs: very bearish :face_with_hand_over_mouth: after hitting the upper wedge channel

4200 to 3100 is a whopping 26% :zipper_mouth_face: decline

1 Like

Very likely happens ! The market is not in good shape.

The S&P 500 will set a new price trough of 3,000 to 3,300 in the first quarter of next year before jumping back to the 3,900-level by the end of 2023, according to Morgan Stanley’s Michael Wilson, chief equity strategist.

Consensus is 3100 is the trough?

Who wrote this? Mauro? I am exactly seeing this final explosion!

However, market is hiding this and cheating all naive bulls as if it recovered. In 3-4 months time frame, may be Mar 2023 - Jun 2023 we may get into bottom, but it depends on what FED will do.

1 Like

3100 is the plan of big boys :face_with_peeking_eye: Paying money to technicians, influencers, journalists and analysts to talk about it. After reading many such views, traders know what to do. Whether it will happen or not…

and whether they can crack AAPL. They have been trying for many months. AAPL is heavily retail, hard for big boys to control effectively. In addition, Apple is extremely well managed, supported by WB and buybacks. Hard for big boys to find weaknesses to attack. Latest is to use EM and TWTR.

1 Like

I do not know about AAPL or any other stocks as I do not follow them. I use 525 stocks for daily statistics purpose only. Even though I can spot changes, it is not so reliable like index funds.

Reg market 3100: All I know is this: During 2018, 2020 the market hit its bottom very quickly (based on my algorithm). But in 2021 to now, market did not complete rock bottom but holding on and moving sideways. With this, all I can say, market cannot go to ATH in near future, but potentially it has to touch bottom and then go up. Made a simulation, the bottom ranges between 2800 and 3200.

When this happens, big investors started selling their profitable ones to move to cash mode so that they can buy later. In this process all stocks get affected.

1 Like

Just sharing from reddit. This person is exactly right on conclusion

Go with self fulfilling prophecy or be contrarian?

Just contrarian is worst as we may end losing money. I was trying to time it lay man mindset, many times failed.

I do not understand what you have mentioned here (not that high level), but market is cheating, and it is not right.

I do not know how reliable, but this is consensus futures given by factset, published by fidelity

2 Likes

Dec 0.5% almost confirmed.

1 Like

Given the data right now I think soft landing is more likely than hard landing. Inflation is already softening, Fed is signaling it knows the risks of over tightening, and US consumers have proven more resilient than many expected. Maybe the outlook will darken as more data comes in. But at this point in time I think a soft landing is the most likely scenario. Recession, yes. But a pretty mild one.

5 Likes

Why retailers need to do their own research and can not depend on analysts prediction (Jan 6th, 2022 prediction).

source: 2022 S&P 500 Predictions | Blue Bell Private Wealth Management

Data from past recessions. Stock market always bottomed before the real economy did, because it looked ahead.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I do not give any bullish news now.

I checked again and again, this current market (S&P and Nasdaq) must go down touch a low and then only going up bull run.

If I guess, we may be half way through and no Santa run now !

If this run is final run for bottom, it must be severe or sharp dip !!

IMO, it is not over yet.

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah, but who’s skilled enough to hit the 10 best and miss the 10 worst? Sometimes they happen very close together in periods of extreme volatility. I just try to avoid choppy periods then bet aggressively when there’s clear direction. Periods like the current one just eat up capital.

1 Like

True, you summarized everything here.

With 5 years of programming, I am having challenges every time, unable to automate and unable to have 95% reliable system. Extremely difficult task for normal human eyes.

If you are using short term options, they are killers when VIX is rarely spiking! Either you need to use leveraged ETFs or ITM long term (even this may eat capital) or go for non-leveraged ETFs.

With all these, it is difficult as market changes directions then and there.

If we know directions, safer bet is non-leveraged negative ETFs like PSQ, if confident SQQQ, if higher confidence then ITM long term put (where we can see 25% in single day drop like today).