Indices & ETFs

Are you referring to buying TQQQs? Be alert to close all TQQQ position! Be alert.

One more thing, simple to use and learn doesn’t mean easy to master. You seem to have assumed too many unsaid things. My advice to you, don’t deduce the corollaries… ask :slight_smile:

Why do I want to take that risk?

There are a lot of small prints behind those 3x leveraged funds. Most people don’t bother reading them. Chances are they won’t wait until QQQ to drop 33% before they close it out. When will they do it? At their own discretion of course.

I wonder how come these 3x funds all seem to start around 2010, after the GFC. What happens to those that started before the GFC?

:thinking:

I didn’t tell you to buy TQQQ. Did @Jil persuade you?

Thought his and my posts are for entertainment? And not financial advice. Did we tell you in your dream to buy TQQQ?

Don’t steal my line without giving credit to me. Direct this to @jil.

Don’t quote above. Doubt you understand the subtleties of above statement. Many people quote that statement without any understanding… I always rofl. My advice to you, forget about all these “half-truths” and has an open mind. To put it bluntly, you are not smart enough to use them properly.

100% true, we just post ideas, but the risk is with the investor.

No single solution fits all. I have almost thousands of TQQQ in one single account, and holding many hundreds in other accounts.

Even during this month, I bought TQQQs around $86 and sold around $94 range and bought again TQQQ avg $88 now.

I take profit when I get clarity. For example, I am very clear today ( again guess and inference) that market is wild positive tomorrow.

But it is not that easy. In addition, I have confidence ( which may be wrong ) that I will take it out before any big drop.

My Past performance does not mean that I am out of risk with TQQQ. Worst case, I will sell it after the first circuit breaker 7%.

1 Like

RSI very overbought, sold for a double, grocery shopping, afk.

@manch

No pattern here to see :slight_smile: they are random :slight_smile:

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 9.07.01 AM
Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 9.07.20 AM

Sure you have the rights to laugh at JC?

1 Like

Here are the only winners( which I track 425 stocks ) against TQQQ since Mar 8th.

As far as I am concerned that I clearly see today TQQQ positive than MRNA positive! My move to TQQQ is based on my predictions( buy low ) as the amount is above 250k range. It is kind of portfolio decision not speculative on single stock but speculative on Nasdaq market!

Yesterday, I need a sure shot winner for my portfolio and that was TQQQ !

1 Like

@jil

Everybody make mistakes now and then, no need to be defensive :rofl:

When I am free (I am very busy :slight_smile: ), I would develop a top and bottom identifiers better than both Panda DTK and your algo :slight_smile: Look like Panda 1/2 hr and 2hr top killer is dropping in reliability… from 65% reliable to about 50:50. I think I will trust his DTK and your super duper top indicator. I am waiting for one of you to give the top is in signal :slight_smile: So long not one of you didn’t give the top is in signal, I would continue to hold my longs :slight_smile:

Bot QQQ puts :slight_smile: Don’t follow, I am practicing how to do day trade… I am just a novice.
Hmm… might be a wrong entry… bearish divergence disappear.

I like that QQQ is staying above my super duper pink S/R at $320.

Before deciding to sell BNTX (with good results), I knew possible MRNA effect also, and I thought for a while whether to sell everything out right or sell half or not sell, but finally I decided to move out to TQQQ as I do not want to monitor too many stocks. I know about MRNA, BNTX, TSLA, AMRS, TQQQ…etc.

In this case, MRNA is one or two days run. It is exactly behaving like AAPL, even with good results, good prospects they are beaten down.

It is not defensive, but my own justification why I went all TQQQ (100%). Today, I took some 10% profit taking on TQQQ as I need cash reserve to get back in case of big changes.

Even today, I was thinking whether I can sell TSLA or not. but finally decided to hold it.

I prefer to…

Edit: Close puts, long calls… think it is going up instead. Talking about day trading 1-min trend… not looking at longer timeframe.

I stay away from puts/calls (as far as possible) unless I clearly see/predict correctly, but do not hold such puts/calls more than a day. Nowadays, volatility is too low and market is turning upside next 30 days (guess work).

Second, I hate decay and options I need to monitor daily, not in auto pilot mode.

Frankly, it is really hard for you to do as you are practiced to buy/hold.

Is why I keep practicing :slight_smile: forcing a change of behavior :slight_smile: like cut losses fast, get in fast, get out fast, … don’t stick to original thinking stubbornly… many bad habits to get rid of…

The hourly trend of QQQ is pretty bullish… so long QQQ stays within the pitchfork uptrend I consider my count is right i.e. QQQ is in wave (3) … @mcp to take note… this is how I use the pitchfork for longer timeframe… is up to use it creatively… don’t follow the uncreative @manch :-1: stubbornly hold on to his obsolete thinking.

If QQQ can close above the pink S/R today, good chance that it will test the next pink S/R line ~$334 next week. The $320 pink line has been the resistance for nearly two weeks, driving me nuts… break above it decisively!!!

1 Like

This is elementary methods, ( can go either way) and hard for you to do manually.

Ultimately, you will burn your self.

I am not discouraging but telling you the facts or heads up to you.

No wonder why Such analysis always driving you nuts!

Every sophistication has a grounding on the elementary. Do you know that Jim Simons, the one you admire a lot, started from trading using moving average? A very simple elementary method, make tons… he refined from there till today’s extremely sophisticated algorithm.

Using pink S/R line alone is elementary, plus other stuffs is no longer elementary :slight_smile: There are many stuffs on the chart that I didn’t mention :slight_smile: … I did mention pitchfork. Time for me to get some physical exercise, pruning my plants :slight_smile:

I completely agree with you. Your concept is right , exactly like Jim Simon, that will not be an issue, but you are trying to do manually like Panda - that will drive you nuts !

Panda is also failing by his complete manual work. Human are prone to mistakes, bias and stresses!!!

If you computerize , even using excel, you can reduce your stress. That is the key…

Use google sheet ( excel ) get automatic update and use your own methods to derive the results. This is easiest way to AI your work, will benefit you long run…google sheet is easier for many people.

1 Like

No google sheet :scream: Double no excel :scream: :scream: Numbers :+1:

1 Like

Close calls for 10% gain… bad trade. Went in too early without waiting for the bullish divergence… need to computerize the setup.

Highlighted is wrong, human error, greediness tells you you went too early, but you sold right.
I guess…You will be glad tomorrow when you see red (likely guess, but not firm)…

Does that mean EWT is superstitious voodoo?

:thinking: