Indices & ETFs

I do not have any idea as I completely moved to QQQ/TQQQ/SPY/UPRO etfs…Not following any stocks.

Like I said this forum is moving toward www.tqqqforums.net url :grin:

3 Likes

You won’t hear of me. I am not doing any analysis on AAPL. I am bragging :rofl:

TQQQ is only 10 years old, you can’t make “hold forever” observation. You are extrapolating. I ask you to make a forward looking judgement not quoting past performance. Start from first principles :wink:

Cathie did BTFD. It appears she is doing a lot of BTFDs like millennials.

No worries, @Jil will change his tune after a few months. Look through his past posts, he hyped different stocks every few months.

what happened to moderna, Bntx & tesla?

1 Like

I came out mRNA and BNTX finally today bought TQQQ.

True, it is the process of trying to find the best way to grow funds.

So far, so good with TQQQ!

As of date, these stocks running above TQQQ since Mar 8th 2021.

2 Likes

So many semis but none of NVDA AMD MU TSM… too hot bad return.

oh no why? I thought you were very determined to hold for long term?

I am unable to buy/hold any stock in my past. I tried, but could not hold…going back to trading style…

I do not see any guaranteed way to know long term prospects of any company including mRNA and BNTX.

Already hanera pointed that I often change strategy.

Like he said, I am able to see multidays to weeks and not beyond that point.

Even TSLA I bought at $575 and sold $700 range, then bought last 3 days $618, $605, $598…but will likely sell when see peak in few weeks !

1 Like

Need a certain type of personality profile to hold regardless…

After 6 years, no gain… still hold? See how hard it is.

@mcp

The article you linked won’t convinced @Jil that timing doesn’t gain much return in the long run (10-15+ year duration). Is his personality profile, he can’t see red in his account for many years. I use to red… red in Chinese is good luck… probably why I won’t mind seeing red.

1 Like

See my issue: I was originally bought BNTX and mRNA for long hold, but when I predicted market fall, I decided to sell both to buyback later.

My partner held both the stocks telling me BNTX and mRNA will hold values !

Now, I got 40% YTD gain while he has zero gain.

Just 10% drop in QQQ showed how big companies TSLA and AAPL are vulnerable!

Meanwhile, I am finding TQQQ as my current best way to grow with swing trades.

I will continue this practice until I find better way or better stocks to buy ( mostly swings only ).

Tell me who is up more after 10-15 years later.

@manch,

See how simple TA tool like pitchfork helps in trading (since this is 1 min chart helps in day trade, for swing trade, use longer timeframe chart) which you are not interested, just for info. I use the pitchfork to day trade, made another 20-30% gain trade… just peanuts to help me stay awake. I bot when it hits the lower channel of the pitchfork this morning, just sold.

1-min QQQ chart use to day trade, not the above hourly chart. I don’t have the confidence and skill like Panda to trade HUGE sum… satisfy with candy gain.

2 Likes

what’s the pitchfork? another methodology like EWT?

Just a simple way to draw trend channel :slight_smile: Mainly for trading.

Should use with RSI, best to buy when there is a bullish divergence and price near lower channel. Oversold also can but not as reliable. Sell some when RSI is overbought, sell the rest when RSI is bearish divergence or when you are not comfortable holding.

Added bearish and bullish divergence on the original chart. Btw, if break below lower channel of the pitchfork, have to cut loss if no bullish divergence.

2 Likes

:pray: nothing bad happen AH/ PM.

I understand the difference, you are too good on buy/hold, not on trading heavy amounts.

No single solution fits all.

Even though Panda has longer trading experience, he is unable to predict precisely as he is using his experience, bear view and EW curves.

I will be able to add more comments by the end of the year if I am successfully make every possible dips properly. I still make mistakes, corrections that eats away my profits.

It depends on how precisely I am able to predict/judge ahead. I may have to control my trading practice too.

If it’s so simple everyone would have used it and there won’t be any returns left. Humans are programmed to look for patterns, even in random events. Your brain is fooling you here. :innocent:

For all the TQQQ stans here, have you guys ever thought about this question? What will happen if QQQ falls 33% in one day?

:bomb:

2 Likes

I agree that is not so simple like that. The max loss can be first circuit break (7%) and potential loss is 21% from the peak.

On the other hand, last year market dropped 30% SPY (and I think 40% QQQ with zigzag way), still TQQQ is 100% growth between Jan 2, 2020 and Dec 31, 2020.

Between Jan 2011 and current period 2021, TQQQ jumped 6000% (somewhere I posted) and only TSLA was 15000% above TQQQ.

Simple doesn’t mean is 100% reliable and guaranteed. Actually many traders use them.
Other simple ones are pivots, moving averages, stochastics, macd, and rsi.

One more time. Simple. Not 100% reliable and guaranteed.

Your lack of understanding is handicapping you.

Is the risk you have to take. Is why don’t put all in! I am not the one who advise that… is @jil who want to go all in. RISK management!

1 Like

As you often say, you don’t know jack if something is good or not until it undergoes a full market cycle. So maybe tell us after your century top blows up?