Indices & ETFs

@erth @jil

Both of you are talking at different frequency :slight_smile:

What I understood is this: @jil is saying that massive money printing that followed 2008 crash (QE1 2 3 4 etc) was justified because it saved humanity from some financial catastrophe. Really? I do not see but he can see it. If he is saying something else, you are right. I am not on same page as he is and I have not clue what he said.

I glanced through what you two guys saidā€¦

@Jil There will be a crash like 2008. Fed wonā€™t print money to rescue stock market unless there is widespread unemployment and economy is in down spiral i.e. stock market might not recover quickly just like 2008.

Me: However, I recalled he said would recover by Jun/Jul. Soā€¦ is not like 2008ā€¦

@erth There might be a crash but like Mar 2020, Fed would print money and stock market would re-bounce quickly.

Me: Btw, Panda said would recover from Mar 2022.

I think bringing in unnecessary details like VIAC and democrats + saving issue confuse the message.

Furthermore, if in past, the FED has printed after every economic distress and market crash and has has assets or increased liquidity, it creates an expectation among the investors that it would do the same in the next round of economic distress and market crash.

Do expectations not play a big role?

If the Lawful Commerce in Arms Act is repealed those gun stocks will tank. Ruger fell to $8 a share before that passed.

That is why the stocks keep going up. People are hoarding guns and ammo. In fact it is impossible to buy ammo in CA anymore.

Yes. Is either a resumption of bull run or a bull trap depending on the realityā€¦ what Fed did :wink:

Everything ends by Jun/jul means we will reach the peak bottom by then. After that how stock goes up/down, I have no idea. I did not say recoverā€¦

Why should I? waste of time. Here itself I am trying to stop blogging.

Many here are 25+ in bay area. You have not seen those worst period in the history of USA. This realestateforums itself created by the year 2008 issue (when redfin closed its forums)

Google it - sub-prime recessionā€¦You will knowā€¦Obama put his whole term to bring it up.

VIAC issue is the over leverage of HedgeFunds. Exactly like sup-prime loans.

Democrats => Revoking the Corp tax and adding wealthy tax, inheritance etc.

Just now: Treasury Secretary Yellen says rates may have to rise somewhat to keep economy from overheating.

Messing with words. Next time I will say bottom or no longer go lower. Weā€™ll see whether you are right or Panda is right. What I know you change your view very often ie move target barge :roll_eyes: you may re adjust till you become correct.

Btw, is peak bottom, bottom or not? How come still can go down?

:panda_face: Bottom in Mar 2022
@jil Bottom in Jun/ Jul 2021

We are not discussing whether the 2008 was a bad year. It is irrelevant to money printing activity by FED.

All I am telling is that I can only foresee up to Jun/Jul and not beyond that !

You are totally uselessly blogging and creating all these comparison/nonsenses.

I stop reply to any of your nonsenses from hereā€¦

Thought the discussion was focussed on ā€œwhether and/or when Fed will print moneyā€ and not whether ā€œthere would be a crash and its causesā€.

IMHO, It is kind of short sighted without knowing what went wrong in the past. I will leave it to you know from google.

Any way, I am fed up with so many comments/comparison without any benefit to me/my work.

I permanently stop blogging here. I wont come back any more to realestateforums.net.

If that is what you mean, you shouldnā€™t say thisā€¦

Letā€™s whether it will rally towards SPX 4256.

Panda said w-4 has likely completed. EWT-wise, dropping till 4118 is still a running flatā€¦ dropping till 4080 is an expanding flat. That is, so long it didnā€™t close the gap 4020-4080, still a valid W-4.

Why build up short positions now?

Vaguely understand.

Still no DTK red alert?

Start MT/LT short positionā€¦ guess is SPY not SPX? How long is MT? How long is LT?

Thinking aloud: Should I start short positions?

Nearly the same with ammo here in AZ. $1-$2 a round - when you can find it. Glad I hoarded so many thousands of rounds when I was in CA and under constant threat of a cutoff of internet ammo sales.

Yes, I am a newbie in active trading. I had got out :grinning: However, I think I will throwaway $10k-$20k to learn :wink: how to trade in a bear market.

2 Likes

lol Twaves treats panda as his GF :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Expanding leading diagonal is too hard to trade. Well, then donā€™t day/swing trade, position trade :slight_smile: Long Sep put :slight_smile:

2 Likes