Indices & ETFs

That is what I told @Jil and @manch in that post + past posts. Ofc, not the same words. They get what you said but not mine. I need to go back to school to learn American :sob: Anyhoo, I can’t react fast to when the trend breaks since I’m too clumsy and indecisive (I have repeated this umpteen times…) better for me to keep closing stock positions. That is, I can’t do what you can do, so I do what I can do. Your approach is right for you (most likely for @Jil too but my feeling is wrong for @manch) but is wrong for me.

Just to be clear, I advise @Jil to “…keep trading with a bullish bias until euphoria sets in and/or trend breaks up/down.” since he is fast and has a super duper algo. I will continue to close position :wink: i.e. not follow my advice to him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: because I have a different nature.

I am referring to QQQ only not the market or SPX or individual stocks.

I have no real physical friends/ colleagues so no damn idea. Doesn’t seem so for forum members except may be @erth. So for those sitting on sideline, they are probably like me, can’t do what you can do, so they do what they can do.

1 Like

Somehow I didn’t get any sense this is ever the case. Always seem to be…

Perhaps, because I always did that. Now and then, take out trading profits (just like the John guy) but not monthly like him. Since 2010, I have taken out $800k-$1M to buy rentals, cars and good branded apparels.

For yourself or your mistresses?

1 Like

:shushing_face:

Pastora nicely bullet pointed in post, definitely I voted for appreciation - we need more bloggers like him too ! ofc, you are master, no doubt !
The only difference is I am not scared…as I can pull back split second !

During dot.com everyone did that !

You did that? Sell your Primary and rent, plough money into stock market? Given my conservative nature, I won’t do that. I always maximize safety and security before profit gain.

1 Like

Hmm… I didn’t post this EW count (not updated)?

I will assume is completion of wave (1) for now. My target for wave (2) is $326… so far, it re-bounces at $330…

Might as well post the other two scenarios :slight_smile: if it is wave (1), wave i, wave 1…

1 Like

The issue is If it is not correcting to $320-$325 level, market goes into multiple cycles often, big hassle for waiters !

Also note that it can correct to $300 level, for deep change eventually.

I know but I didn’t follow macro conditions for a long time so don’t know which is more likely.

Remember EW picture has to be consistent with the macro conditions.

What is the macro condition?

Looks like, my guess, one day correction seems to be over, market (esp QQQ) recovers from here.

BTW: Anything can go wrong from my statement, be careful, not to take any action based on this discussions.

2 Likes

@manch Fed me with interest rate info, so the count is revised to be fairly optimistic, instead of 350s, QQQ would likely to go above 400. 2mrw I would long some TQQQs to ride this UP wave, refer to the latest chart below,

Note: Above info is provided for entertainment only. And can be 100% wrong, please do your own DD.

1 Like

I think QQQ has bottomed today. Bought 300 TQQQs :grimacing: Target $363.
This post is for entertainment only and is not a post to recommend trading, buy or sell.

I think so today at least bottom. Based on that I bought a lot today. Instead of TQQQ, I went to BNTX, MRNA, CRSP, TWST, QS, PLTR…20 different stocks (some are swing trades finding the bottom).

1 Like

Too many stocks for me to monitor. I bot CRSP and TWST is for 1-5 years bet, not swing/ position trading. 100 each and no more add… about $15k each. I am trading QQQ/ TQQQ/ SQQQ. Might have a short pull back for QQQ soon if couldn’t break above $332.2 convincingly.

Initially, I thought of 1-5 years, but I need those stock which can grow faster than TQQQ and positioned based on it. Most of the stocks I bought was possible/potential bottom corrected more than 25% like TWST and CRSP. They will peak and then come down at some point of time, then recycle them.

1 Like

Broke above $332.20 convincingly. Next target $333.04.

1 Like

@Jil

Three possibilities for QQQ. In blue, green and yellow. I’m not sure which. May be your algo will know.
Is clearly still in wave iv though.

Your instinct says is green arrow.

Look like still in wave iv and one more dip. Still holding SQQQs. I let go some stocks but not as decisive as you.

During 2017 (exactly after elections over in 2016) market went up like this and dropped like a hell one-day suddenly. The period was Jan 26th to Feb 8th. Market is reacting like this now.

I do not expect a great correction, but a sharp dip is very likely one day.

BTW: This is all pure guess, and fun for discussion purpose.

I didn’t pay that much attention then :slight_smile: I put in a GTC to sell SQQQ at QQQ ~325, if it goes lower, I screw up.