Indices & ETFs

Most of the US listed companies need to comply US financial standards that gives us insight about future of the company.

Are you referring Saudi Arabian Oil Company (2222.SR)? I rarely focus on non-US companies for the above reason. Everything here is controlled by Saudi king/prince.

Since we have plenty of choice within USA, I would still continue to stay within US listed companies.

True but the Saudi stock was fairly stable last year compared to XOM

You gave up trading? Only investing (>1 year hold)? Where is the fun?

You’re already owned MRNA and BNTX for buy n hold, now CUK and many others, you would hardly have money for trading.

I am still trading, but some of the stocks, like CUK or AMC, suddenly jump. I keep minimum hold quantity and trade excess buying like the way you did MRNA.

1 Like

XOM and CVX have domesitc cost structure. that make it harder to grow profitably plus more expensive to export.
Saudis can always squeeze more money from India and Vietnam. where suppose to be most digital and manufacturing jobs created.

Good to know, you buy Saudi Arabian Oil Company, we buy XOM, let us sync after 5 years ! :rofl: :rofl:

The Saudis can produce oil at one tenth the cost of American Shale oil. That gives them a huge competitive advantage

1 Like

You are right, market is not good …tomorrow may be an issue. This is inference.

1 Like

Lol. you are going to compete with Population and consumption growth of Asia. .

I have three trading accounts. Two of them is 100% cash now :scream:

Only that one that is holding MRNA, REGN and VRTX is not. Still holding SQQQs :neutral_face: which is a little red in the face now.

1 Like

His assessment is BULLISH. Both SPY and QQQ (and their variants) are about to complete a five wave structure, as usual, I am confused as to which will be completed (guess is because I didn’t analyze deeper, wasn’t focusing on indices, deep analysis is time-consuming, so usually just shallow analysis),

Wave (1)?
Wave i?
Wave 1?
Wave (I)?

Thought I have posted this,

and this,

1 Like

Not targeting at me right? Refer to the chart below, highly likely (I could misinterpret the picture) indicates QQQ would peak at $353 (so precise? likely precisely wrong, ok, $350s :slight_smile: ),

@manch to take note. Don’t criticize me if the decline didn’t happen at $350s. High probability didn’t mean 100% :crazy_face:

Disclosure: Bot SQQQs, would double the position when QQQ nears $350s.

I do not discount sudden fall, but next week we will see positive runs. Having said that you should not have more than 1 SQQQ (otherwise, burning your money) just for monitoring !

I don’t know the speed of climb to $350s… could grind slowly upwards, so hitting $350s could take weeks, not next week if that is what you’re thinking. I am using price not time to decide.

1 Like

350 is just 4% away. Are you sure?

Nothing is 100% sure. High probability. I have bought boatloads of SQQQs to hedge. I can wait till near $350s to buy (or as advised by pundits, confirmed bearish then long) but I know me, indecisive and clumsy, so buy when I am more composed :slight_smile: See why I don’t follow conventional wisdom or textbooks like you and @Jil :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Those wisdoms don’t work for my nature :grinning:

Look from the risk assessment perspective… If I’m wrong, lost a small fortune 5% of portfolio. If I’m right, win BIG, 100x return. Worth the gamble to hedge.

Anyone here feeling bearish? Zero? How about the web, how many are bearish? Doesn’t look many.

FGI, mildly greed. Everything is a-ok :wink:

1 Like

Ok, time to reveal the other possibility. Rally could still go on for a few months :slight_smile: Anyhoo, I prefer to be conservative :stuck_out_tongue:

Refer to the chart below. Yellow labels is my Primary count. Blue label is the other possibility.

I don’t think you can classify current market as bearish or bullish. I think it’s a selective greed for some due to extreme momentum but I think most folks are sitting on the sideline or just being very careful. So to me, q/a are:

• are you scared → yes
  • is the market artificially inflated → yes
  • can market crash or go through a deep correction at any time → yes
  • can market go much higher for a year or more → yes

In another word, my only path is to keep trading with a bullish bias until euphoria sets in and/or trend breaks up/down.

2 Likes

In a really crazy stock market people will take money out of their houses to trade stocks. We have the reverse happening today. People taking money out of stocks to buy houses.

In a really crazy stock market people will take money out of their houses to trade stocks. => This was dot.com, market goes up and up, never ends ! It happened to us by 2019-Dec to 2020-Feb. The lowest was 2018-Dec and market went up and up until 2020-Feb, finally ended with 30% drop. This has resulted huge job loss by covid-19 !

We have the reverse happening today. People taking money out of stocks to buy houses => Those who has seen 2020-Feb-Mar 30% drop, still in memory of people, sells stock and buy home as they are cheap now ! This is very common after every recession drops.

Now is in recovery cycle, and I do not expect more than 10% correction any time in recovery cycle unless economy is really going bad.