Is This Supposed To Make Us Feel Better, Manch?

cuz the last property tax bill for me to pay (my SF home) is not exactly pennies…

Are you going to build an “8 Hall” down in UCLA with your millions? :wink:

Funny you mention this. My wife and I actually had this conversation awhile ago about who gets our dough since we have no children. I told her I have to give UCLA something, not a lot by any stretch of the imagination, but something. She wasn’t happy…:cry: (Come on Sweetie, how many freaking LV or Chanel purses you have room for???)

Me :slight_smile: . I think you should give to high schools or junior colleges. IMHO, funding for these institutions are too low, ending up lousy facilities and insufficient funds to get more and better teachers. For UCs, what they should do is to reduce the number of liberal arts degrees, and increase the number of STEM degree classes.

If my memory serves me right, Sir, you are retired at this moment, just counting your rental income today…not me

Money no enough.

For sure…but you aren’t married to Mrs. sfdragonboy either with the few hundred dollar hair TRIMS…OMG

I downgraded my trim from $40 to $12 after I moved up here… :cry:

Is ok because:

1. You love her. Is about making her happy, not optimize your money.
  2. View the expense as philanthropy.

Do you honestly need a $5 haircut referral here in the Fab 7x7??? That’s where I (and many others) go…

One of my good friends who is considered family and is a big time SF home flipper said to me one time (in response to the question about how much private tuition its costing him for all his kids) he says:

“I could be driving several Lamborghinis right about now…”

Yes, Sweetie is the greatest and she makes a mean-ass pot roast and yada yada yada, but CAN I BE SELFISH FOR JUST A MOMENT…please… pretty please

How about put up a statue of Mrs 8 on UCLA? Capture her good look in stone for centuries to come… :slight_smile:

Not a bad idea…but she doesn’t have the love for Westwood like I do. The gal is impressive, coming over here from overseas on her own and without a college degree and manages to pull 6 figures…I do not mess with Mrs. sfdragonboy…ever

I used to get a $7 Chinatown haircut all the time, but how do they make money? Cheap rent? I always suspected it was a front for prostitution (haircut girl was fine)

1 Like

The place that I go to (5 bucks baby), the ladies honestly are just getting by. Their rent is ok (I know their landlord) so they can’t charge too much either or their competitors will eat up. I usually tip or pay a total of $10. Honestly, with how little hair I have now, the cutter is not working very much at all with me.

I always tipped a lot too. That was my other guess, all revenue under the table

The[quote=“sfdragonboy, post:15, topic:1232, full:true”]

The place that I go to (5 bucks baby), the ladies honestly are just getting by. Their rent is ok (I know their landlord) so they can’t charge too much either or their competitors will eat up. I usually tip or pay a total of $10. Honestly, with how little hair I have now, the cutter is not working very much at all with me.
[/quote]

I pay $12 plus a tip at a hole-in-the-wall place across from Target in RWC. $5 in SF? Wow. Oh - wait - how much would the parking be :slight_smile: The Vietnamese women in RWC are pretty fine too - some of them anyway. But they have strange ideas about hair color.

Please remember, I grew up in Chinatown. I know where to park for free for a quick trim and I’m out…

Need to move to SF. Haircut is $15 plus $2 tip here.

$10 in Tahoe