Leaving Bay Area

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/no-letup-home-prices-california-194231195.html

Moving to the middle of nowhere. Good luck with that and the bitter winter, harmful uv… :rofl:

1 Like

Denver is a great city.

1 Like

I agree. It offers quite a lot there. You’re just imagining snow. Quality of life is pretty high there.

Where is Denver?

2 Likes

I already said, in the middle of nowhere :rofl:

2 Likes

One of my cousins lives close by in Boulder. Very nice area. In some respects like the Bay Area before it became overly congested. Mild climate most of the year. I was there over Thanksgiving.

Denver, Boulder and Colorado Springs are most the times, 7-9 months, in snow and blizzard area.

1 Like

Not 7-9 months; that’s ridiculous. Maybe 5 months. And the weather won’t be cold and snowy for all of those 5 months. There’s hardly any snow sticking in Boulder right now and next week is mostly sunny with daytime highs ranging from the 30’s to low 50’s by Friday.

I lived there 9 months,working at MCI-Worldcom, starting from Sep/Oct, day 3 of landing I saw my first blizzard for 36 hours continuously in Colorado springs, and snow melted by that time I left the place.

Just search google with keywords you will see all these “colorado blizzard”

1 Like

Hawaii has the best weather. No traffic, no pollution, expensive housing. Why nobody is moving there?

Because it’s also in the middle of nowhere.

Like avoiding the Bay Area because of earthquakes or SoCal because of wildfire. I visit my cousin at all times of the year and weather has never wrecked things.

1 Like

Salt Lake City has better snow, is cheaper and warmer in the winter. Plus driveable to California beaches Vegas and SF

Except high state income tax and high sales tax, I do not see any issue with California. There are plenty of places, cities with beaches costing less than 400k (Texas level) between SFO and LAX.

I think you mean South Bay :slight_smile: . Many bad neighborhoods in California.
California is not a landlord friendly state. Texas is.

It’s landlord friendly as long as it isn’t multi-fam.