Malaysia is the Best Place to Retire

The new guidelines are fairly easy for us folks over age 50 who do not plan to really work anyway. I may try to go back there and scope out the land before the summer hits when I get too busy at work. Wifey is interested all of a sudden (she never expressed wanting to move back home).

“Besides the financial requirements, successful applicants must submit a medical report from a Malaysian-registered private hospital or clinic together with a valid medical insurance in Malaysia before the MM2H visa endorsement.”

So move BEFORE you get old and decrepit :grin:

1 Like

Dude you have been taking about this Malaysian trip forever. When are you going for real? Don’t let this be another Sonic/Comcast saga.

Wow, now that is a tract house I wouldn’t mind having in Malaysia…

Very nice. But I’d take proximity to the jungle over being on the water. Of course, at Malaysia prices perhaps one doesn’t need to choose - one could have both!
Don’t know that I could acclimate to the humidity though. Bali was tough if I was staying active for hours - even at night.

1 Like

What happens when the waves get a little too high?

Two words: start treading

My wife’s cousin over there is a RE agent, so I have been picking her brain. Unfortunately, she doesn’t know the islands as much as the mainland so I may have to wing it or find another contact. If we can do it, we will try to go before the end of summer.

Ok, Singapore direct flight for about $750 round trip plus tax. Anybody game for a Singapore/Malaysia RE buying tour in May? Oooh, maybe stay one night here before heading to Malaysia…

Malaysia sucks. Are you really sure about buying there? I am way more optimistic about Vietnam.

Yes, even my Malaysian wife is skeptical about this and why Dragonboy is so hyped for it. I am surrounding myself with real malaysians and others who live in either Singapore or even China to vet it out thoroughly. Besides, the goal is to just get as the program (MM2H) says, a second home. Surely, a gun to your head is not necessary to live here during the good months…

2nd homes are waste of money. Come to your usual senses dragon. Don’t be fooled by sunny beaches and skimpy bikinis.

Biggest problem for Malaysia is that it’s a deeply racist country. The Malay majority is not shy about suppressing the Chinese and the Indians there to lift up the Malays. So the majority race there finds no reason to study hard and to work hard.

Malaysia will always, always be a loser country. I just knew they even have kings! Not one but 9 of them. What a fucking joke of a country. Avoid.

1 Like

It is such a bad idea that apparently the Malaysian government has raised the requirements probably because too many people are signing up. Fine, I got the money!!! But ex pat forums like this one is LIVID that Malaysia is touting quality over quantity. Booo hooo…

Yeah people stampede over themselves buying bitcoins in '16 and '17 too. Were they the smart cookies? People still willingly lend money to serial deadbeat Argentina.

There are suckers everywhere. Just because there are lots of suckers doesn’t mean you want to be one.

1 Like

Sure, I am not stupid or deaf… I have heard these concerns but what if a bunch of white ex pats from US and everywhere else goes there? Can’t suppress them…

Again, just home for a few months and a legacy vacation home for the future generations of Dragonboy’s families…

Don’t invest in places where they openly discriminate against your entire race. I’ve been to Penang a few times. Their biggest mistake is staying inside Malaysia. Should have fought for independence. It also has a Chinese majority like Singapore. But compare that with Singapore you see what kind of a loser Malaysia is, and will always be.

1 Like

For the price of what, my Fremont home, it is worth getting a place that we can go back and use often. If I have it my way, I am on some deserted beach. No one is going to discriminate against me and my US dollars in that closed, away world…

Besides, the Chinese is coming from China…one way or another…

Yes, the financial status of the country currently is a concern and something to watch for, but in the meantime, get your 10 year visas before they are gone!!!

Plenty of US expats love it in Costa Rica. Ticos discriminate against Nicos (Nicaraguans). Doesn’t seem to worry foreigners living there. Not sure it matters unless you’re looking for employment. Or unless your entire social experience is with the lower classes - and even then it doesn’t seem to matter much.
As long as your doctor and your lawyer don’t care about your race…?

Buying a piece of property always has some element of investment in it. Otherwise you can just rent. What I am saying is that it’s unwise to invest in Malaysia. Its bone headed racist policy will always make it a 2nd rate economy at best.