Malaysia is the Best Place to Retire

South Africa had a racist policy. The end of that policy was definitely NOT the time to invest. It was the time to leave. Every situation is different.

Totally different scenarios. South Africa’s racist policy was used by the white minority against the natives. Malaysia’s policy is used by the native majority against a Chinese minority.

However, right now South Africa is implementing policies against white people not unlike what Malaysia is doing to the Chinese. Both countries are doomed (SA much more grim though).

1 Like

Yup. Both are doomed. Avoid.

There are so many wonderful opportunities elsewhere. Why work against the tide?

1 Like

Geez, the negativity… what happened, both of your applications for the 10 year visa got turned down for insufficient cash??? :grinning::grinning::grinning:

If you want to move to a banana republic, there are options closer to home.

Again, keep in mind that this is where my inlaws reside. I am going to have to go back there anyway at times. Again, we don’t live forever, so we all need to recognize that and enjoy ourselves as much as we reasonably can. You guys are bringing up concerns that frankly exist here in the states yet are we worried? Come on, have we actually gotten better racially here? Please…

And yet you have never gone. :smile:

Only because honestly I don’t like long plane rides and there really was no incentive for me. Now, I have the incentive of trying to find a killer home in the tropics for my families and friends to enjoy in the future.

My co-worker gave me a wonderful idea: why don’t I just work part-time from Malaysia? Need to talk to my boss…

Wow, what a country!!!

Is not that hard to navigate Malaysia, bribe.

Some parts of Malaysia you can’t eat pork or drink beer. Pick wisely or they will lock you up in jail or chop your hands off.

:scream: please don’t scare away dragonboy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if this couple is still around or still rotting in jail. :scream:

Fat boy Kim sent some spies to kill his equally fat older brother in Malaysia couple years back, right at the airport.

Great country.

Yeah, and here in the good old US of A, a young woman gets mauled to death in her high end, Cow Hollow apartment hallway by a huge dog too. Crap happens everywhere. I agree with Mr. Austin though, money talks, everywhere…

All I know is, expats (granted mostly caucasian) seem to love it there. I plan to talk to my Singapore brother in law and see what he says. I also have an indian malaysian friend who would give it to me straight on how it is there and how it would be for someone like me going over there. Maybe we just rent and not buy necessarily. The idea of the 10 year visa still I think is a good idea for us since we do have family there. Wifey’s folks aren’t getting any younger. Come on, couldn’t you use some boots on the ground there for content on Singapore/Malaysia???

Yeah - but too much pork and beer and you won’t pass that health exam anyway :grinning:

1 Like

How much can a retiree eat and drink anyway?

You don’t think they could have killed him on American soil? The got him with fast acting poison, right? How hard is that?

Geez, look at what was just reported here?

Here, @manch, perfect example why the US is not necessarily the greatest either… Why would an otherwise normal working stiff go Rambo and then accept a life term behind bars??? Nuts…