Malaysia is the Best Place to Retire

I never said America is the greatest. Don’t get me started on gun control again. I am just saying Malaysia is bad investment. Why would a Chinese person willingly go to a place where it’s in the law he’s discriminated against?

Go read some history how Chinese were treated in Malaysia and Indonesia.

Dude, I have been discriminated all my live, mind as well go to a place similar…

No, seriously, you are forgetting some key factoids that apply to me that yes perhaps wouldn’t apply to anyone else. Remember these key facts:

1. wifey’s family is there
  2. no kids
  3. my siblings for the most part have as much as I do, if not more (No need for me to leave them anything, UCLA may get a small check.)
  4. having a vacation spot for both our families to use in the future (not really focusing on investment aspects). Malaysian side of family will take care of it. (they better, or I will haunt them for eternity!)

The areas that I would go and reside PART-TIME are full of ex-pats with some money. Gated community more than likely with maids servicing us. Not worried about discrimination frankly…

Def on my list to check out in probably May to buy (in Johor)

Congratulations Michelle!

Malaysian women definitely can age well. I should know. Too often, most people think my wife is my daughter.

(Not sure when this pic I grabbed off the internet was, but this lady is 60 years old!!! She looked lovely at the Oscars!)

To be fair this is what she looked like decades ago:

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/336373976_916744546236220_6735274706306259167_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=WEJVGwys3d0AX-PF7VV&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=00_AfApJgIjpVwKQudY-hDF04IDefYigFG5XEPYVYkKQPOXjA&oe=64153D10

Come on, let’s go with a sexier version please…

People told me Ipoh is famous for beautiful people. Maybe you should move there instead of Penang.

Not only people, but food there is good too. Too small of a city for my needs (need western hospital access). Penang is perfect for my needs and wants (ocean view)

Looks like drug deal that went bad… such a shame

Come on, let me buy my dream sea view condo before the Chinese come marching in!!!

Not bad, #4 is TOP 5 in the world!!!

THE (MOSTLY) EMPTY $100 BILLION CITY RISING FROM THE SEA

The only reason(s) this turned into a ghost town are:

1. pandemic
  2. govt got greedy and raised visa requirements
  3. harder for Chinese to get their money out

If Singapore continues to be awesome, some of that awesomeness should spread to the Malaysia side to perhaps this ghost town…

The $100 Billion Luxury Complex That’s Sitting Empty and Unfinished - China’s Country Garden had big ambitions for its luxury Malaysian high rises, but the development is regarded as a ‘ghost city’ nearly a decade after construction began

What!?! :crocodile: !?!

Well, the pandemic really messed up that development with the Malaysia government raising the requirements of the MM2H visa program literally killed it. Any day now, the Malaysian government is going to be releasing what is hopefully lower requirements for the visa program which should then open the flood gates from China and elsewhere into Malaysia. I believe that Forrest City is salvageable, but it is massive so it will take some time. If a ton of people apply under easier rules, I am concerned that my cheap seaside condo in Penang may disappear, so that is why I headed there in December to try to find a place. If not, no worries, we can rent first which is probably the prudent answer anyway. It is just that I so giddy and want a killer view for eternity!!!

Imagine yourself walking through that ghost town of condo developments. Eerily quiet, tall concrete structures with hardly a soul…

OMG, I can’t wait…

Surprising grilled stingray is not a transfer delicacy to here, just like Boba…

1 Like