Market Cap Watch

SQ is giving me such an emotional rollercoaster.

1 Like

isnā€™t it better to keep short term plays in IRA, where you might generate more taxable events if you buy/sell?

I think you are right, but I have no desire to day trade. I like to keep things simpleā€¦ :slight_smile:

IF you are here to hold anyway, you are probably betting it on being your biggest gain. itā€™s fair.

What happen if you keep losing? Canā€™t inject money to take advantage of temporary irrationality. I own only AAPLsā€¦ buy n hold (hopefully forever) in IRAā€¦ no trade. Lastly, hardly any $ in there anyway.

Evidence?

I always support my claim :triumph:

Also loser OHI :blush:

1 Like

you also started asking this? lol.

No evidence is empty talk. You can say anything you want in this country. So talk is free and worthless.

Waitā€¦ not this accountā€¦ :rofl:

Weā€™re talking about IRA. The other one, no problem, refer to below:

Remember Iā€™m an engineer not a liberal arts or business major :rofl:

Business major likes to ē©ŗ口čÆ“ē™½čƝ :wink:

What about the number of sharesā€¦

3 Likes

Kudosā€¦It is nice to see such as Appreciation. IMO, you beat WB 20 years before !!

Apple: 836.9B (-7.4%)
Amazon: 724.0 (-4.8%)
Google: 709.9 (-10.1%)
Microsoft: 671.3 (-7.8%)
Tencent: 477.8 (-15.2% !!)
Berkshire: 474.4 (-7.1%)
Alibaba: 465.6 (-9.5%)
Facebook: 463.0 (-13.9% !!)

Everybody suffered major loss. But Amazon held up the best and lost the least. It has now surpassed Google and took the Number 2 spot.

The worst performer is actually Tencent, not Facebook. Facebook sank all the way to the bottom. Old man WB rose two spots by being less terrible.

:scream: :scream: :scream:

2 Likes

Isnā€™t that sadā€¦

Whatā€™s the total in $ Billions the stock market has lost so far in this month?

Anybody?

Apple: 851.3B (+1.7%)
Google: 718.6 (+1.2%)
Microsoft: 702.8 (+4.7%)
Amazon: 700.7 (-3.2%)
Tencent: 520.2 (+8.9% !)
Berkshire: 491.3 (+3.6%)
Alibaba: 471.6 (+1.3%)
Facebook: 464.2 (+0.3%)

All except Amazon had a positive week. Amazon dropped 3.2% from 2nd place to 4th. Tencent roared back, increasing 8.9% for the week. Facebook stopped its bloodletting, inching up 0.3%.

There is now a 180B gap between the first tier - Apple, Google, Microsoft and Amazon, and the rest. Tencent, Alibaba and Facebook are great values at current level.

1 Like

Disclosure please :zipper_mouth_face: You own tons of FB and Tencent, and none of the other 4 right?

I have Amazon, Tencent, Alibaba and Facebook.

Apple: 854.4B (+0.4%)
Google: 701.5 (-2.4%)
Microsoft: 694.8 (-1.1%)
Amazon: 680.3 (-2.9%)
Berkshire: 483.6 (-1.6%)
Facebook: 456.7 (-1.6%)
Tencent: 465.4 (-10.5% !!)
Alibaba: 430.4 (-8.7% !)

Everybody fell except Apple. :rage:

The Chinese duo fell like a rock. Tencent down 10% and Alibaba down 9%. They are now dead last of the pack.

Amazon continued to slide because of Trumpā€™s attack. Facebook still couldnā€™t catch a break.