Market Cap Watch

If you agree real estate flips are profitable, how her primary home will be lessor than AAPL?

Sold at $177ā€¦will probably dip to $150ā€¦can easily buy it againā€¦Even hanera thinks it is in a trading range from 150-200ā€¦
What are the fundamentals for doubling? What is going to be disruptive in the smart phones?

Flips are profitable because Iā€™m not counting on the appreciation to make money. Itā€™s the difference in before and after conditions that makes the money. Very different than buy and hold stocks or real estate.

1 Like

The house would rent for $3k so she is saving thatā€¦plus Tahoe houses are still going up at 10%ā€¦good safe betā€¦Mueller takes down Trumpā€¦stocks could drop 40%ā€¦I remember the recession of 1975 when Nixon resignedā€¦pretty uglyā€¦unemployment 10% in the BAā€¦stocks volatileā€¦BA RE was up 25% a year,ā€¦

3 Likes

Flips are buy low and sell high, like trading stocks. These real estate flips are increasing the values of the home than decreasing as real estate is low volatile.

The only period real estate crashed are during dot.com crash and year 2008-9 RE crash which was preceeded by stock crash which involves AAPL crash.

In such case, her decision to sell AAPL to get primary is really great. She is smarter in this case.

1 Like

I think both you and @Elt1 just think too negatively of stocks and trust RE too much. Which is fine, you can still make lots of money off of real estate. Just donā€™t plan on making significant amount of money off of stock investments, thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Stocks are just a lot more volatileā€¦RE can go down but rarelyā€¦My formative years were the 70sā€¦RE was king ā€¦Stocks were shitā€¦
She had just had her money parked from the sale of her SJ homeā€¦Did well took the profit and spent it on something necessary

1 Like

Flipping isnā€™t even close to trading stocks. Youā€™re actually doing improvements to increase the value of the house. Itā€™s more like being an activist investor where you fire the board and CEO. You put in new management to run the company better, then sell once itā€™s worth more money.

2 Likes

Flipping does not mean auto profit unless real estate growth is there, flippers can not survive. But if flips are profitable, real estate growth is guaranteed.

If real estate growth is there, the buyer of primary still wins over selling AAPL stocks.

Note his point, RE go down rarely, and IMO it is always preceded with market crash which involves AAPL crash too.

There will not be any regret when she sells at peak AAPL price and buying primary home.

I am negative about stocks only when FED Applies pressure on economy (and market fell drastically !). When FED comes, all major institutions run away from investment. They just like that calculate, using software, how much is the impact of QE money reduction & how much impact of Rate hike, and move money to bonds like this, selling stocks.

FED continues to hike the rate until unemployment goes up to 7% or 7.5% from the current full employment. When this cycle starts, stocks are the first to hit the ground.

This is what I expected and it is happening as expected. The market will go again for another task after this results period is over.

Selling stocks and buying real estate is safe and that is what many in bay area is presently doing it. Instead of bonds, people move money to real estate.

History repeats.

BTW: This is argument purpose, nothing personal.

Leaving your money in a bank account is also very safe. Many in Bay Area are also doing it. Just because it is safe or just because many people are doing it doesnā€™t mean it is a good way to maximize your net worth potential.

But anyway Iā€™m done talking to you regarding this subject, @jil. Iā€™ve told you countless times the merit of long term buy and hold stock and you failed to listen every single time. I think itā€™s just the nature of some people which canā€™t be changed. So be it.

1 Like

Trueā€¦

1 Like

@Wuqijun I am here listening :slight_smile: So donā€™t stop giving advice :wink:

1 Like

Advice is to sell AAPL.

1 Like

I seriously thought about buying Aapl at $150ā€¦maybe will next time

Buying a stock and selling a stock is easy, but buying a primary is an event for many and it really hard after year 2013. Stocks are form of cash, but primary home is essential for a family to stay apart from rent avoidance.

When someone gets a primary home, it is worth selling any stock, not AAPL alone, but any profitable stock.

1 Like

You will definitely get a chance again, AAPL will touch it in next two years.Not only AAPL, all other stocks will touch low soon.

I donā€™t see much growth coming out of Apple. Maybe it will surprise us in 2 weeks? Smart phones are peaking. Appleā€™s strategy seems to be selling ever more expensive phones? Thatā€™s good short term but disastrous long term.

I donā€™t see the next blockbuster after iPhone. Is the watch it? Doesnā€™t look like it so far.

1 Like

You can pretty much say the same thing about Facebook. What next blockbuster has it created since creating its website? Why must Apple keep creating more blockbusters?

1 Like