Market Cap Watch

Did you forget WhatsApp? IG is still growing like a weed.

Stock is discounting future growth. Without growth stock tanks.

If you see technology changes from main frame=>PC=>Laptop=>Tablet/smart phone=>watch
The computing power is increased, but size if the tool is getting small.

I do not see any issue with AAPL long term as long as they change the tool, diversify. They have enormous cash and if right projects are planned, they grow bigger. As long as people need smart phone, AAPL generates cash.

Any FANG stocks are good as long we find them at cheaper price. AAPL is a solid dividend payer, good to get at right point.

Holding AAPL like hanera or wuqijun is like holding bay area real estate, ever producing decent cash flow.

BTW: I was just arguing with wuqijun argument purpose (just for fun)!

1 Like

First off, FB didnā€™t create WhatsApp nor IG. Apple can also acquire high growth companies too.

Also, stocks wonā€™t necessarily tank without growth. Has Msft had any blockbuster growth story lately? Why hasnā€™t its stock tanked?

2 Likes

I hear you.

The only mistake I made was selling the stocks once every year to book profit. I bought AAPL at 94.5 but sold it (mistake). When I buy stock next time, not in near future, I will hold as much as possible.

MSFTā€™s Azure is growing fast.

Apple can certainly buy growth. I will change my opinion if and when that happens. So far itā€™s just sitting on its cash and bought crap like Beat.

Then what about Cisco? Intel? Oracle? IBM? Each of them has a blockbuster growing product which Apple lacks?

Apple is a dividend value stock at this point. It doesnā€™t need to buy any growth. Itā€™s not a growth stock.

Facebook can keep getting more ad revenueā€¦Aapl is a manufacturer totally differentā€¦

Your wifeā€™s client shouldā€™ve bought FB then instead of her primary home.

Apple is not for dividend alone, but growth also. Tax initiatives help AAPL a lot, they are bringing cash from Ireland to USA paying one time cash, buy backs will increase, take overs will increase, new versions all products will come.

In essence, AAPL means guaranteed dividend returns, but there are growth possibilities. IMO, many companies, including AAPL, would have started implementing benefits of tax and tariff changes. AAPL being manufacturer, long term gains are better than non-manufacturers.

A dividend/value company doesnā€™t mean itā€™s not growing. Itā€™s just much slower growth. All FAANGs except Netflix fall into that category. Itā€™s just that Apple is the most mature of them all.

I donā€™t hold on to Apple because of its exceptional growth potential. I rely on Tesla for that.

The only reason to make money is to spend it and enjoy itā€¦Otherwise it all goes to your heirsā€¦Who is getting your inheritance?

1 Like

You misunderstood me. I think your wifeā€™s client deserves a primary home. Itā€™s just that she should not sell stocks to get it. Plenty of people purchased their primary homes without having the need to sell any stock. One should always maintain a balanced portfolio of stocks and real estate.

She is divorced with limited incomeā€¦Needs stability for her kids that a rental doesnā€™t provideā€¦Still has a ton of stocks for incomeā€¦In fact we advised her to buy half the house she could affordā€¦Still will get plenty of stock dividends and appreciationā€¦

Also, she can marginalize her stock portfolio to buy her home. That way, she gets to keep both stocks and still enjoy her purchase.

Also plenty of people donā€™t have other funds for down payment because they put all their savings in stocks in the first place, so they need to liquidate to come up with down payment. Itā€™s not rocket science. Not everyone is comfortable with margin.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why not everyone can become rich. High risk high reward. Not rocket science.

Not everyoneā€™s aiming to be rich. To be rich the best way is to start your own business.

1 Like

High risk high reward. But also higher chance of failure. Starting your business is riskier than margin.

So disappointed nobody read the linked article that explain clearly why WB bought AAPL. Thinking of AAPL in terms of iPhone or the ecosystem is barking up the wrong tree, so Iā€™m not surprise those who think so sell. Apple is a capital allocation story that WB loves very much.

2 Likes

Btw, that elt1ā€™s client is an attractive woman looking for a husband. Since Iā€™m married, I canā€™t, apparently there is a male single here :slight_smile: