Mid Peninsula: good place for Primary

We passed on a house in San Mateo with its own private beach back in 2010. Big mistake. Should have bought it.

The worst part is the parking. I nearly went over the edge visiting one place :frowning: Hard to have a party and invite multiple people–nowhere to park.

Flat areas are easier to manage.

1 Like

Old Hong Kong or Vietnam?

Venice.

1 Like

Come on Ms. Millennial!!! You don’t like peace and quiet yet steps from Judah are a no no too… Most people would kill for either honestly, Emerald Hills or the Sunset!!!

The ground is sinking 2x faster than the water is rising. So even without rising water, their home would end up under water.

2 Likes

Ever heard of 靜中帶旺? You get peace and quiet but don’t sacrifice convenience.

That is why we like it. Exclusive. Keeps out flatlanders

Uh, ABC here remember??? Can talk it (some) can’t read or write it…

I know, that’s why I translated it in the following sentence. It’s the golden rule of RE.

Translates to “Come on”.

(When passed to Yiddish->Spanish->Zulu->Tajik->English.)

1 Like

Mt Carmel neighborhood in the Redwood City is the best hidden spot on the Peninsula for Primary

1 Like

That area is not on hills, it is in flat area and walking distance to San Mateo downtown. They are two of the BIG 3 neighborhoods in San Mateo (Baywood and Aragon. The other one is San Mateo park up north). These three neighborhoods are most expensive in San Mateo in terms of $/SF. Areas west of Alameda De las pulgas (between crystal spring rd and Aragon high school, called Baywood knolls) are slightly more hilly but still quite desirable. They all have beautiful tree lined streets with easy access to shopping and commute routes.

1 Like

Hills have traditionally been the most desirable locations in the BA. Particularly view lots. Plenty of houses in the hills with flat lots.

1 Like

Using Google translate word by word,

靜 quiet
中 center
帶 carries
旺 prosperity

The locals are trying to turn it into a historic district, buyer beware.

It’s way more fun to run it through Google translate a couple of times.

1 Like

How about the opposite?

旺中帶靜

Quiet oasis in the middle of hustle and bustle?

靜中帶旺 > 旺中帶靜

More buzz than peace in the latter.

Even RWC is becoming snobby. Glad I moved