Midterm

Your wish is unlikely to be granted.

Some republicans have the same view except for Ron

It’s too much of a risk for Trump to run again in 2024. Biden is such weak sauce that he could win, and then we’re really really in trouble!

I think everybody underestimated Biden. He doesn’t have the charisma of Bill Clinton and is far less of an orator compared to Obama. But face it, he’s an old folksy white man who people find disarming. I saw a segment of Jesse Watters wondering aloud how come there are no anti-Biden votes. Both Clinton and Obama saw huge losses at their first midterm but not Biden.

Biden is also a very skillful operator. He got way more bills passed a gridlocked Congress than Obama did. I actually think Obama is a weaker sauce compared to Biden.

I voted for him in 2020 in both the primary and the general election, so sure he’s not all bad. But the guy is basically 100 yrs old and was not particularly smart to begin with. Plus there is the whole plagiarism/lying scandal from the 80s. On an non-partisan candidate quality scale of 1–10, Biden was about a 5.5 in 2020 and is getting weaker by the month. Trump is a 2 or 3, somewhere down there with Herschel Walker, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz. I’d put DeSantis at about a 7 or an 8, on par with Clinton and Obama. Irrespective of one’s stance on his policies, the man is smart, credible and on point.

Do you think without progressives extreme pressure, Biden would have ended up weaker sauce than Obama?

Biden is almost always right in the middle with the median Democrat voter. Over time the Dems have moved left on many issues, due to pressure from the progressive wing, so Biden moved along with it. But he’s still mostly at the center, refusing to “defund the police” or “abolish ICE”. Most Democrats agree with those positions.

Biden is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He went to state schools and just scraped by with C average. But Reagan was like that too. That didn’t stop Reagan from ushering in a new generation of political order. I shared an article back in 2017, right after Trump got elected, on how Trump will mark the end of the Reagan era, and the next president will likely begin a new epoch. 5 years later that prediction still looks good.

1 Like

I was right. Suburban women rejected the far right anti abortion agenda that even Trump really does not believe in… of course he panders to the religious right. Rejecting Roe vs Wade deeply hurt the conservatives and is something they should put on the third rail

1 Like

Trump can complain about abortion ruling all he wants but it’s he who put THREE judges to the supreme court. All three voted to gut Roe. It’s been the right’s goal to overturn Roe literally for decades.

1 Like

Trump may end the Republican party. Of course the progressives want to destroy the Democrats. Time for a new party. The Sanity Party. Conservative economically, liberal socially.

2 Likes

I’ve thought that for a long-time, but you’d end anger the left and right. There’s not enough in the middle to win any meaningful elections.

Unfortunately the internet echo chamber means the extremes are bloated by bullshit.

The biggest factor here wasn’t abortion or Trump - it was Mitch McConnell and the RNC. Together they deliberately sabotaged at least a dozen “America First” Republicans who they can’t stand. They don’t want anyone rocking the boat. They’d much rather remain in the minority if that’s what it takes.
It will be interesting to see what the Dems make of all this. If they think their agenda has been validated they may double down on it. Good for the Rep’s chances in two years; bad for America.

Arizona senate goes to Dem. Nevada also looking good. Dems will secure majority before Georgia runoff.

Trump’s political instincts aren’t bad.

马后炮
Are these “facts” leaked out to the public, part of the preparation before officially declaring the decision to run for POTUS?

I was right about the abortion issue. Living in Tahoe all I get is Nevada TV. The Democrats hammered on Laxalt 24/7 about abortion. Looks like he is going to loose. Leaves the Senate Democrats in control.

Not looking good.