Midterm

He looks like a pig. :pig:

I’m okay with Libby. The devil you know right.

Personally, I think the job is too big for Libby, an Oakland native. Next year, the Warriors are gone and of course the Raiders. Will she be able to make her mark with say the Oakland A’s and get a killer waterfront ballyard built?

For anyone who has complained about the deficit, this is the worst case for deficit increase. The only way anything will pass is if both parties get all the spending they want. There’s zero chance of decreasing spending. Both parties will refuse to decrease spending in their pet areas, because agreeing to a decrease will look like a loss. Increasing spending allows them to both claim that they won for their side. Deficits will go much higher.

Was there a blue wave? New York Times says “meh” and a “non-wave election”

1 Like

Omg, some candidate :laughing:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/08/they-were-threatening-me-my-family-tucker-carlsons-home-targeted-by-protesters/?utm_term=.4f459a1a0b9f

And, you wonder why I was raving about Crazy, Rich Asians? OMG, between this loser and still fallout from William Hung, the Asian American male could have become a dinosaur…

1 Like

This is bad for democrats long-term, because they tend to be the ones that want to increase taxes. People are becoming against it.

Came across some good visuals:

1 Like

Thats not bad but you need to add in the governors race. Some states like Wisconsin used to have GOP trifecta: both chambers plus governor. But after Tuesday have governor flipped. Governor has veto and appointment power. Useful in map drawing year.

Here you go:

Willie Brown saw a “blue micro”, no “blue wave”

“ For Republicans, that turned Kavanaugh into a victim. And they got mad.

One of the more interesting places the Kavanaugh kickback showed itself was here in California in the race for U.S. Senatebetween Sen. Dianne Feinstein and fellow Democrat state Sen. Kevin de León.

De León, who ran to Feinstein’s left, actually won far more counties than Feinstein did, even though he lost the race by nearly 10 points. And all those counties were in places where the Republican Party still has strength — away from the Bay Area and Los Angeles.

It’s not like de León is well known in those places. I asked some of my Republican friends in red areas how they’d voted.

“I voted against Dianne. I voted for the Italian guy,” one said.

“I voted for the French guy,” another said.

They had no idea that de León is Latino, let alone that he’s the guy who wrote California’s sanctuary state law.

Maybe it is a new day.”

Republicans only need to take the house.

1 Like

1 Like

Reps could yet take the Senate with runoffs but admittedly their prospects for doing so are poor.
Results give DeSantis an advantage over Trump in 2024. Largest win in 100 years of Florida history - nearly 20 points.
All spending bills originate in the House so even if Reps only get that it puts the kibosh on more massive spending for dubious reasons. Might make the fed’s job a bit easier if inflation doesn’t abate bu early next year.

2 Likes

@Elt1

I am all aboard the DeSantis train. Best thing that could have happened out of these elections. GOP needs to outgrow Trump and start delivering some quality candidates.

1 Like

I don’t think GOP can unshackle itself from Trump just yet. Remember, they are in their own reality. They still believe in horse medicine and elections being stolen etc. GOP remains Trump’s party. Besides, DeSantis doesn’t have 1/10th of Trump’s charisma.

But I agree, for the good of the country, GOP needs to shake off its Trump addiction. I just don’t think it’s quite there yet.

I think the best outcome for Dems would be to keep the Senate (obv) but to lose the House on a very narrow margin, say with < 10 seats. And Trump runs in 2024. That way the MAGA gang like Matt Gaetz and MTG would have complete control of the asylum. We will see debt ceiling fights, Hunter laptop witch hunts, and Biden impeachment attempts based on nothingness. The GOP House speaker will be on news headline every week while the MAGA gang holds the country hostage. It will massively turn off voters in 2024.