Milpitas Rocking the Overbids!

If you think about it, the prime reason for bay area tech is VC comfort of investing locally.

Basically world change is tied to VC’ s commute. :joy::joy:

That’s now changing as
More and more VCs are looking east and open to flying to other coiuntries and invest. Bigger threat to SV is China and some what india.

kittyhawk - check it :slight_smile:

I would be fine with east coast. they should open shop in east hampton - i will be the first in line to go :), but i am not snow person, dammit.

Isn’t it still one of the biggest hubs for car making?

All my tech stocks are from the Bay Area. However I specifically designed it that way. I didn’t invest in Amazon back then because it wasn’t located in the Bay Area.

Other than the Bay Area, I only own tech stocks that are China based.

1 Like

Detroit still has the network effect. All American cars are still manufactured there. Only Tesla broke the trend.

Also, SpaceX is not in the walley. hmmm.

There are new LA-based startups too. It won’t be long before LA becomes another mini hub, maybe.
Then all these startup billionaires can marry hollywood celebrities.

Then the next question should be why is VC money here and not in Ohio?

VC are greedy bastards like you and me. They are not lazy, at least not the good ones. Ycombinator used to have summer camps in Boston too. And then they said forget it.

VC’s used SV as a filter. The hungry and ambitious founders will move here and make things work somehow. The lesser ones will not move out of the Midwest because “what if things don’t work out” or “I can live at mom’s house for free”. These are NOT the founders you want to bet on. They are losers.

SpaceX will eventually be acquired by Tesla (based in Palo Alto). So SpaceX will be a SV company :wink:

1 Like

Well, where does musk live?

Where does tomato live? :smile:

That’s the more important question.

tomato lives in a 1br-apartment.

He is only there to hunt down the Hollywood babes. Once that portion of his life is settled he will clearly see that Palo Alto has always been his true home :sunny:

You mean larry page’s mansion?

If musk lives in PA instead of being a playboy down in LA Tesla would be much more successful.

lol. give the man a break. he likes to juggle between things, how can you say anything.

Look back at your journey. What leads you here instead of back east? What makes SV special for you?

Greencard. Google. you are still not making sense. I could go to NY, but i know better. The only way up is to be near HQ. doesn’t mean HQs should incorporate in SV.

I had also applied to Jane Street back in the day - would probably have gone there if it worked out.

Relax and the truth will come to you.

1 Like

@tomato just needs to buy his primary in SV. “Truth” will come to him in no time after that :wink:

1 Like