Missed the boat in 2008 downturn!

I want to check it out when you take delivery. Never seen one.

2 Likes

Sure. we will all need to do a meetup

3 Likes

I have a coworker who bought a model S last year. In January this year he got in line for a model 3 thinking it won’t be ready until 2019. He got notified by TSLA earlier this month and he picked up the model 3 two weeks ago. The model 3 is top of the line with full options.

So TSLA is definitely reordering customers based on the car they ordered, and whether you are an existing TSLA customer, or maybe some other factors.

1 Like

The moral of the story is in order to get a model 3 fast you need to buy another tesla.

This coworker of mine, after taking delivery of the model 3, emailed a bunch of other model S owners telling them what happened, then a bunch of model 3 orders into the queue. So people who are in the queue now will experience a slightly longer delay because of that.

1 Like

At least a photo on road without number plate :smiley:

I see atleast one every day on 880 between Fremont and sbay. May be tesla employees. I have seen all colors at this point.

1 Like

Saw a whole bunch in the parking lot of stanford medical center when we were there recently.

1 Like

LotS of Tesla model 3s in Bay area

Saw a Model S at Apline Meadows today. Drove my friends S down in RWC. Never seen a 3 yet in Tahoe, range may be an issue?

Which one is more painful? Catching falling knives or holding the bag?

Catching a falling knife. Because that implies holding the bag later also.

1 Like

When the economy is sinking, the companies with tons of cash hoards can buy strategically good companies with bad execution for cheap. Buy cash rich companies now!!!

2 Likes

Economy is far from sinking. Higher volatility != bear market.

I realize I ask a bad question. Allow me to ask again,

Which one is more painful. Red after purchase (caught falling knife) or decreasing profit (holding bag)?

Usually lead to bear market as investors get edgy and sell e.g. BA_lurker, Jil and Jane.

Nothing came close to 1987 and yet the 1982-2000 bull market continued apace afterward. Someone quitting the stock market in 1987 made a huge mistake.

It’s like people sold their PA houses in 2008 in a panic.

There was a shortage of inventory in PA even in 2008. Real estate is better than stocks because panic selling is very hard to do.

1 Like

1987 is year 5 of the 82-00 bull market.

Just like 2018 is year 5 of the bull market that started in 2013.

:scream:

True. People who sold generally had to.

Only the three Ds sold.

2 Likes