More rent control BS

That doesn’t matter. As long as you can get 5x return in 18 months, forget about all those stuff :rofl:

40 * 1.7 = 68.
68/50 = 1.36

So your stock net up 70% and RE net up 36% YTD.

Wrong math. Denominator for RE should be 60.

Oh yeah, your RE net up 13% YTD vs 70% for stocks.

But is your stock leverage much bigger than RE?

Time to reevaluate manch’s NW. In Apr, we said manch: 5.1M… can’t remember the RE vs Stock allocation. Did he said 60:40? Now is 50:50.
60:40 => 3:2, since 2 up 70% i.e. 3.4, so his new NW is $6.8 :slight_smile: Up $1.7M since Apr! He needs to throw a party. How about we book Alexander’s Steak House in Mainstreet this weekend to celebrate? manch can well afford to give us a treat.

Last year I wrote a post on “dynamic leveraging”, a key ingredient of my algorithm. Nobody replied. Maybe time to dust it off again.

2 Likes

Magic number is 2.42 :slight_smile: which is more than allowable under margin. Have to use portfolio margin.

Here’s the answer - answered earlier by @hanera

1 Like

Excellent Answer ! I missed reading the question.
Even if I did, I would not have written such a nice explanation !

1 Like

http://www.sfexaminer.com/debate-rent-control-measure-highlights-concern-single-family-home-owners/

Road to Homeless
will see how many owner will sell instead if SFH includes in rent control

Well, the BOS is saying that if Prop 10 wins and it allows cities to decide what they want to do some of them would consider exempting single family homes from rent control to help the small time owners. We’ll see…

Everything starts from oh i’ll be nice to you,don’t worry. after 1-2 years, they’ll say FU small time owner, you charging too much, let the tenant take over the house forever

2 Likes

Tenant organization is pushing for rent control again, even in Concord. Here’s their PR through the journalist

This is from July 2018. Is this still relevant after rent control’s loss in the midterm elections?

Hmm? Tenant organization can still push for rent control on older multi family buildings. Single family house, condos and new mutifamily is safe from rent control due to the lovely Costa Hawkins

Oh,sorry. Thought this was applicable for single family homes.

If you don’t care about multi family, they will make single family under some kind of control as well. They can forbid you from evicting tenant, making it very expensive or impossible for you to get out of rental business etc

1 Like

What percent are actually evicted each year? It seems like an irrational fear.

Eviction in Concord should be very small. The headline saying 75% of Concord residents are fearing eviction, however only 42% of the residents are tenants. It’s apparently fake news for media’s liberal agenda.

Fake media + bogus poll = ???

1 Like