More rent control BS

LOL again : Do you assume his loss will directly come to you as gain ? :rofl:

This is universal experience, not an anomaly !

Real estate with mortgage is wise, Stocks without margin is wise !

But there’s a real sample here who doubled his money last year and up 40% in the past 6 months.

It can be done, just make sure that you are good at it.

why?

What’s your margin ratio, young man?

You still didn’t get the message. Since you insist, I made about 10x over a few years using options and then got chop to 6x in just a few weeks when the market turns… yes, the damn financial crisis. Lost 4x in just a few weeks. I went straight to cash after that (just like what Jil did recently). My message is if you think a strategy is correct then you’re wrong. Any strategy that is “in the market” make money. Let me repeat, in means make money in a bull market. The strategy means nothing. You must not think you have found THE strategy. Everybody think they are good (in fact a genius) in a bull market.

2 Likes

very less… less than 10% at 0% interest rate :slight_smile: (It’s technically not margin but 0% credit cards :slight_smile: )

That’s why there is no :scream: during volatility from me.

No. I tripled last year and up more than 70% YTD. It’s more luck than skill. Don’t try this at home.

2 Likes

:+1: dang!!!

Actually you spend huge effort and much time researching, and your biz keeps you in touch with reality. BAGB is trying to copy the scaling up strategy without research, the hard work and your pulse on the economy.

That doesn’t matter. As long as you can get 5x return in 18 months, forget about all those stuff :rofl:

40 * 1.7 = 68.
68/50 = 1.36

So your stock net up 70% and RE net up 36% YTD.

Wrong math. Denominator for RE should be 60.

Oh yeah, your RE net up 13% YTD vs 70% for stocks.

But is your stock leverage much bigger than RE?

Time to reevaluate manch’s NW. In Apr, we said manch: 5.1M… can’t remember the RE vs Stock allocation. Did he said 60:40? Now is 50:50.
60:40 => 3:2, since 2 up 70% i.e. 3.4, so his new NW is $6.8 :slight_smile: Up $1.7M since Apr! He needs to throw a party. How about we book Alexander’s Steak House in Mainstreet this weekend to celebrate? manch can well afford to give us a treat.

Last year I wrote a post on “dynamic leveraging”, a key ingredient of my algorithm. Nobody replied. Maybe time to dust it off again.

2 Likes

Magic number is 2.42 :slight_smile: which is more than allowable under margin. Have to use portfolio margin.

Here’s the answer - answered earlier by @hanera

1 Like

Excellent Answer ! I missed reading the question.
Even if I did, I would not have written such a nice explanation !

1 Like

http://www.sfexaminer.com/debate-rent-control-measure-highlights-concern-single-family-home-owners/