More rent control BS

Might be a good thing what you describe… water supply doesn’t support more growth in most of California. Bad if you own CA reals estate.

Hm…

People need to fight against the tenant activists.

Write to your state assembly member and senators. Protest in Sacramento.

Blocking Google bus to protest against tenant activism. That would make news quickly.

Sell your Santa Cruz property, buy Austin, RTP, Seattle and LV.

More rent control will be bad for us RE investors, but may not hurt California all that much. It’s important to check in one’s emotions from cold hard reasoning. NYC has rent control for decades and it’s still the biggest financial center of the world bar none.

As investors we just need to move on. Not good to be a one trick pony. As of now my net equity in stock and RE are about the same. I expect the stock portion to grow much faster in the next 5 to 10 years.

2 Likes

Buy calls on IQ, UBNT, MU, SQ at the next large drops - don’t buy if it doesn’t drop. You can have 5X your RE in two years time frame. Or have 0x obviously :slight_smile:

I don’t like timing the market. My timing skills suck horribly. I will just blindingly cost average up.

Did you double your stock money in 2018 again? I remember your stock net was 30% last year.

40%. No, not yet doubled, because of shitty Trump.

1 Like

Your record proves those who claim real estate investment is the fastest way wrong. Having said that, not to rain on your parade, your approach works very well in a bull market. I am aware of a few investors who employ this approach and make about 10x for a few years but lose everything during the financial crisis. So long you are confident that you can get out when the time comes and not treat that as another Trump snafu you are ok. As I said many times, unless your approach has been tested for a full cycle, can’t say it works.

1 Like

Surely not. Nothing like a good old panic to find deals.

1 Like

I never said it works either. So far it’s mostly luck.

Manch’s approach is to buy quality stocks with absurd leverage. If you buy $5M amazon stocks with $1M money, you can quickly become a $10Mnaire.

I think he’s using real estate financing practice to make stock investments. This was not even allowed before.

With this kind of leverage, stock investment is superior in achieving superior return. Let me rethink my strategy for 36 months and observe his mood swings for 60 months.

I thought you are against stock investment, but pro real estate !

1 Like

That’s before manch’s 20% down stock investment. My greed is asking me to take a look at Manch strategy. My brain asks me to ignore it.

I’ll watch manch until the beginning of the next cycle. Will put 10% to try out Manch strategy when the market reaches bottom. Hope his broker is still around and still allows people to buy $5 stocks for $1.

which broker is that?

So far all my brokers offer them. Is called portfolio margin. My brokers are Fidelity, eTrade and Ameritrade.
I’m an old man (about 5-6 years older than manch), so didn’t want to take such risk. Not like when I am 20s, I dare to trade commodity :slight_smile: 1 for 100. At your age, no harm trying :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL: Make no mistake to understand the meaning! This means it likely harm everyone, but given low age, they can recover through other savings/investment ! :rofl:

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how to get the leverage. Many implementations and conceptualization. Leverage cuts both ways. Bull market makes TONS. In a bull market, so long you’re in, any approach make money. I mention my awareness of those who did the leverage as I felt obliged to inform :slight_smile: The key is when to get out or deleverage completely… The problem with human is it is so hard to disengage once addicted.

1 Like

I tried. Lost a bundle! Easily recover if you are young.

1 Like