Mortgage Rates

2018?

I stopped after 2016 since the rates started creeping up. Managed to get near the bottom.

1 Like

As people mentioned in this thread, it was possible to get 3.5 or even a little below that because you can get discounts for opening accounts with these banks. Top tier checking gets you 1/2 point shaving. I did that for an investment prop. Loan agent just said to open account, fund it, get mortgage discount points, and then close it after 3-4 months if I wanted to move it out :slight_smile: But obviously you need the additional liquidity to get the top tier account.

Rates so high now though cry

:sob:

Donā€™t some banks offer a discount if you auto pay the mortgage from a checking account with them? Iā€™ve seen that promo before. Iā€™m not sure if it exists today. It makes a lot of sense for the bank in terms of lowering servicing costs and retaining the checking account business.

1 Like

Yep, thatā€™s how it works. You only need to keep it open for a few months though :slight_smile:

1/8 or 1/4 point for autopay, and then another 1/8 or 1/4 depending how high tier checking you do. Gives you about 0.5% off potentially.

2 Likes

Iā€™m at 3.625/$1300 net closing cost/30 year fixed.

So, doubt it that I can refinance lower today with zero/low closing cost. :expressionless:

I never saw a rate at 3.65%. They all quote 3.625

1 Like

I suspect thatā€™s what he meant. Highly unlikely to get lower than 3.625% today in a no cost refi.

2 Likes

Corrected

1 Like

Mortgage rate is already in the inverse curve. Expired ARM rate is 5%, higher than 30 year fixed. Maybe mortgage rate will peak sooon

1 Like

I think the rate that got quoted was 2-3 months old for one of them. The other said it was recent quote.

Still fake news!!

Current Rates

National Average Rate* Points
30-Year Fixed 4.6% 0.4
15-Year Fixed 4.08% 0.4
ARM 3.93% 0.2

5/1 3.500% 3.623%
7/1 3.750% 3.788%
30y 4.250% 4.412%

3 months later, itā€™s pretty similar.

BofA is very hard to work with. I would rather get a higher rate at a different bank

I can put you in contact with my buddy.

I got 30 year fixed for 4.00% 4.0375% (got few discounts).

Rates are still pretty decent. Inching up slowly but nowhere close to 5%.

BoFA is our primary banker but they never reached out to us till we called them to a wire transfer for EMD. The best they could offer after scrambling was 4.25% 4.2875%

How come you guys/gals donā€™t like to use someone like my Tracie, an independent mortgage broker who can find you the best lender or best appropriate program that fits your financial situation/profile? Her rates via Googain are the best probably around.

The recent San Bruno loan I got was 3.875%, no cost/no fee 7 years fixed, non confirming, investment home loan. I figured why pay the premium for the 30 years fixed when I am going to most likely sell the place within 7 yearsā€¦

Can I have Tracieā€™s contact?