Most popular executive orders: travel ban and sanctuary city defunding

That’s because Europe and Canada go out of their way to help, and US just sits there twiddling its thumbs. Based on the size of our economy, we are only doing 7% of our fair share, and Canada doing 239%. Yes, I blame Obama too. He should have done more. But 7% is infinitely better than 0%, which is what Trump wants.

How many Muslim countries are taking their fair share?..If all the refugees in the undeveloped world want to move to the developed world how will that work?.There have to be limits and rules. Plus the countries that are forcing their citizens out need to be held accountable. …

2 Likes

Totally agree. Obama should have held firm on his red line. But these people need help. We were only doing very tiny bit and even that people go batshit crazy. Millions of these people are in Turkey and Iraq, both Muslim countries.

1 Like

India is the country with the largest number of Muslims…What about Pakistan, Indonesia, Egypt…Huge countries not doing their fair share…The reality is 90% of refugees are basically economic not political refugees…They only want to go to wealthy western countries…Not third world poor countries, who would actually benefit more from the talents of these refugees than the western world…

1 Like

Other countries not doing more doesn’t mean we should do nothing. If we apply that logic nobody should donate to charity. There is always someone else who doesn’t donate.

I am not a Christian, but I did go to a Catholic high school and read the bible. I don’t remember Jesus saying only help Christians…

2 Likes

Just because these refugees want to go only to rich western countries doesn’t mean we should be guilted in to it…Sure we should allow some in. But developing countries would benefit more from these immigrants…

The number one goal is to let people live in their own country peacefully. Any attempt to overturn other country’s government and turn innocen people into refugees should be stopped.

The best strategy is to restore the law and order in Syria and return peace to the Syrian people.

If we leave other country and other people alone, the world will be better. We should not try to control other country

Yes, we have a president attacking anybody and any institution that is concerned about the constitution. That is dangerous, very dangerous…As I say, we need to keep our eyes on the ball, he is throwing tantrums every day to deflect on his inability to govern.

The problem is that just mentioning America in the ME is an invitation for Jihad.

That’s the premise republicans don’t get. That is a land that we shouldn’t have invaded to begin with. The invasion of Iraq was the precursor of the bad things we see nowadays. No doubt about it, Sadam was a mean, criminal guy, but it was our guy.

We are not the cause of jihadism. …The middle eastern totalitarian regimes are the main cause, their hatred of Israel is second, our support of Israel is a distant third. 911 happened before Bush’s stupid invasion of Iraq …In fact you can go back to the Reagan administration and the bombing our Marine base or much further…Militant Islamic terrorists will keep attacking us, no matter what we do…After 911 we stepped up our defense…Problem is nothing we have done has worked…Most think we have made it worse. .We have to defend ourselves, but invasions, nation building and supporting totalitarian regimes hasn’t worked… Any suggestions? …Personally, I don’t think letting in millions of Islamic refugees will work either…The millons of oppressed peoples in Arab countries need to deal with their own domestic oppression and stop blaming Israel and the West…

Think about it, if the Islamic jihad destroyed Israel and created a new Palestinian state would any of their other domestic problems go away?

Would regimes like Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Syria become more democratic? …Would life in the middle east improve? I doubt it…

4 Likes

If we go back to see how Iran was in the 70s, oh boy! It was an American look alike country!
But, we had to do something about their oil, right?

One thing is hard to comprehend though, it is the fact that Syria has a secular government and all those attacking it are Muslim oriented groups. There’s something there nobody is telling, and I believe it’s oil or any other subject undisclosed to us.

As I said it many times, if you want to change anything in this country, from gay marriage, abortion, refugees, illegal immigration, guns, and else, we need to amend the constitution.

Agree. Fight or flight? Instead of standing up and fight till win or die trying, they flee. They are not brave enough to defend their own views and nation, why are they good for USA?

The reality is that the vast majority of the people in foreign countries are happy with their government, including Middle East. The fate of a country should be decided by its own citizens.

Arab Spring comes to mind. Hilary was really happy about the Arab Spring years ago, why is it not celebrated now?

Your source can be misleading because it deals only with Syrian refugees. Italy for example, has been overrun with Libyan refugees. If you includes all the Guatemalan refugees the US had taken in we would be higher on the list.

You haven’t lived under oppression. I did, even though I was kind of immune for many years to all the kidnappings and disappearance of 200,000 people back in my country of origin Guatemala, Google it, I didn’t escape the reach of the criminal minds. You can’t live in those countries and be neutral. Either by action or omission you become a target of both sides, or three sides.

Look at Cuba, look at most Central American countries, the base or last point for the US to defeat the so called Communism. The intervention in those countries left a stigma that is still felt. The rich got richer, the poor poorer. All under the assumption that you had to bow to the government or be called a Communist, a sure way to end up thrown in the ocean or buried somewhere, where international search and rescue organizations are still finding massive burial sites.

Most people ignore that Batista in Cuba, the last strong man for the Capitalists was elected with the support of the Cuban Communist party. I got a letter from Batista and on it you can see 4-5 parties supporting him, including the Communist one.

Watch Union Revolucionaria Comunista.= Communist revolutionary union.

My favorite subjects, the Cubans! They don’t have a quota. 50,000 cross the border, 50,000 visas or green cards issued.

I ask the trumpeters, where was Trump denouncing the following?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/05/us/cuban-immigrants/index.html

This is a problem with certain sections of people, they don’t go into details as to why,what & facts & read up economics & finance but spew massive amounts of gibberish everywhere & try to hog the conversation with this gibberish. It will be scary when these people might become responsible for electing in the future in USA the Left’s version of Trump(scary scary thought) , that a lot of South Americans(@75% of illegal immigrants) try to escape from by illegally immigrating to the far North.

1 Like

If, and I mean it, if…they learned English. I am not prejudice with any race or nationality on that, believe me. I was at the DHS office in San Jose a year ago, December 2015 to be specific. A Mexican guy was asking something, and the officer, with a long face as all bureaucrats have, didn’t understand him. I did help him translating the question and after a second question I found out that…he just had passed his citizenship test.

Another example: My friends the Vietnamese ones. I asked the old guy who had moved my garbage can prior to it to be picked up, leaving it an inch from a car parked on my own spot, no problem at all, right? They won’t pick it up if it’s close to anything. So, I tried mimicking, gestures, English, but the guy couldn’t understand me at all. Guess what? He is a proud naturalized citizen!

Education is lacking with most immigrants coming to this country, and that includes high techies and whatnot. They just come to live here, but no effort to assimilate. I may be wrong on that, but when you talk to them you notice.

Sir, the debate is not about you or your experiences.

The debate for any issue is generally:

1. What are the goals(Subjective & debatable)
  2. What are the facts
  3. What does science/empirical studies tell us on the methods to reach those goals? & hence Are those goals achievable?
  4. etc
  5. etc
  6. etc