Most popular executive orders: travel ban and sanctuary city defunding

Because I have lived the life of those who don’t have representation in this topic.
For any data, ask the person who opened the topic. I am for sure waiting for a complete description or what’s the tyrant in the white house is going to do, instead of the question why, when, how?

If you believe that every illegal immigrant has a right to be legal in USA because they have a unfortunate background in their home countries, then I think a lot of people will fundamentally disagree with you & they have done so by voting for a candidate such as Trump.

We all believe in something. I believe that Trump is an ego maniac, can’t finish a sentence, a tyrant, and whatnot, and the majority supports my thoughts. But from there, it’s just my thought. And the day we stopped believing, supporting our ideas because nobody supports them, we are dead as a country.

By the way, believe me, I know lots about this subject. You don’t even have to support or be against any immigration policy. It’s out there, and some immigrants are entering illegally, getting a green card within a year but nobody is talking about it nor denouncing it.

Watch the remark “entering illegally”. Isn’t that the problem?

Illegal immigration was allowed by liberals and corporations that benefitted from the cheap labor…The middle class was forgotten by both and felt squeezed and left out…They lashed out and voted in a narcissistic infantile lunatic, who will pander to corporations and ignore his supporters. …So there are consequences to illegal immigration. …You have to appreciate both sides…Immigration has to be controlled. .Existing folks need a legal path to citizenship ship…Others will have to wait their turn just like legal immigrants. …There is no way the developed coutries can absorb all the refugees, especially the economic refugees…There are potentially 3 billion. …

3 Likes

It isn’t such a big problem, because 8000(0.07%) potentially to arrive in USA vs 12,000,0000 already in USA is minuscule number at this moment.

This is my point on this. Deport, ban, whatever, all across the board. No Chinese because of the one child policy, no Cubans because of a no longer threat from the Cuban idiots in power, they are economic refugees, born and grown into the system.

The Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 grants special privileges to Cubans, clearing some of the hurdles people from other countries face when immigrating.

“Even if they arrive illegally, they are admitted into the United States, and after a year and a day they are granted a green card,” Rosenblum said. “They are the only country in the world that enjoys that privilege.”

Immigrants from other countries have to go through screening processes as they make their asylum cases, but Cubans “are assumed to be refugees … fleeing political persecution,” Rosenblum said.

It’s a straight up lie that Trump wants zero refugees. He wants to cap it at 50,000/yr. I believe that’s lower than 2016, but it’s higher than the average year under Obama.

He’s also working on plans for a safe zone in their own country.

To say he doesn’t care at all is blatantly lying to feed misinformation and hysteria.

1 Like

Sometimes we need to set aside “whether it’s good for us” calculations and help other folks, as human beings. I am not suggesting we take in “millions” of Syrian refugees. We just took in 50k in 2016, and now 0. Neither 0 or millions a year is right. How about 50k?

Appeal to pity: Attempts to win our sympathy in order to convince us of the conclusion. It appeals to emotion, rather than intellect.

I would definitely add in psychological test and verify that their skill sets can find work in USA. Shouldn’t admit any1 that don’t pay tax and use social services only.

You are defining your utility function too narrowly. “Interests” is not always monetary. Feeling good by doing good is also a benefit, not to mention increasing the USA’s status as a leader.

By your logic should we do away with foreign aid?

If from the heart, genuine love for humanities, sincere like Tim Cook, is ok. If for status or to show that you’re able to or just to feel good… no.

1 Like

At some point, you have to pay the bill for helping others. That is reality. Also, the programs are designed to create dependency on future aid. That’s not how ansuccessul program should work. Success should be making people independent so they don’t need our help.

You should look at how we’ve made Haiti worse than it was. It started with Bill Clinton getting them to dramatically lower tariffs on rice imports. They went from food independent to dependent on food imports. Then we tossed $13B in help after the earthquake. Are their lives any better after it? We had to do something though to show the world we’re a leader and we care. That’s the problem with that attitude. We act emotionally first and don’t think logically about any of it. Often the results harm the very people we claim to be helping.

Some how we’ve figured out that feeding wild animals makes them lose their instincts to hunt food. Yet we think giving humans food is a good solution. If we had any brains, we’d be teaching them to be good independent.

I agree foreign aids sometimes do harm instead of good. But there are some that unequivocally do good, like helping with AIDS and vaccination. We need to run the programs in smarter ways, more result and data driven. Bill Gates’ foundation is an excellent model.

Exactly. That’s because the government isn’t running it.

Well, they did beat Trump’s ban EO. Unconstitutional from my point of view but I am not a constitutional lawyer, the judges are.

You can argue all you want, but those pesky facts of those investments Trump has in the 3 unbanned countries are really, really, a slap on the face of those who used to claim and berate and whatnot anything from Obama.

Now, can this guy really get to work? Does he forget how checks and balances work? Can he stop being childish and stop twittering? Daddy! They beat me up to play checkers! Can I punch them in the face?

We lost Nigeria in the war against terror because of his mouth.

Australia is laughing at us.

Iran is threatening us. We’ll see if he goes to war with them, which I doubt it, only talks, no walks.

1.7+ million brits voted for him to not speak in their equivalent to congress in the US. Man! That’s something I have never seen. He is going to become a pariah worldwide.

We lost a navy seal in an failed attempt, with $80 million aircraft for nothing but the death of 30+ people, many of them children. Including an American child. And he ordered the raid against military advice, and while he was eating dinner. Oh boy!

Somebody, a president, primer minister somewhere had the audacity of making a floor mat with Trump’s face on it. And he stepped on it in front of the cameras. There goes your macho president.

But what worries me, is the relentless love for the commie Putin.

In that regard, I believe there’s a saying like…a liberal will always be a liberal. And a commie will always be a commie.

I am not certainly a commie. I hate Communism.

Have a nice day comrade.

1 Like

1 Like

Look what happen in germany, this is not first one. A lot happened last 2 yrs.

Germany. We are not Germany.

I was an asylum seeker, always looking over my shoulder. I did last like that for 14 years. No crimes, no nothing, well, 2 speeding tickets but they don’t count.

Supreme Court approves travel ban. The world really is turning scary for the far left.

Oh, and if you think Trump is unpopular. The party that promises people free stiff has its lowest approval ratings in 25 years.

That’s bad when you promise free stuff, and people still don’t like you.