Mountain View Condo

10.8% is low, almost everywhere in SV is higher since 2011 even though historically is 6-8% p.a… Since 2011 is about 12-15% p.a.

Weekly reminder that you own two houses in Cupertino? :smile:

13.5% :slight_smile: since 2011 :slight_smile: expect to gradually slow down to 8% asymptotically.

1 Like

8% is actually quite high, doubling in 9 years. Is it the long term trend? That a 2M crap shack in Cupertino will be worth 4M in 2027 ?

Long term trend is 6-8% p.a. Have been so since post-war. Apple, Facebook and Google had (will be) building their HQs here, so 6-8% p.a. is sustainable (till those guys… black swan)

Are you expecting Austin to have higher appreciation rate than SV going forward? How much are you targeting?

For the price of a crap shack, can buy a grand mansion in Sacramento.

Yeah. “Location, location, location” is real. That Sacramento mention will depreciate in value while your Cupertino houses will shoot for the sky.

Very good question which I don’t have an answer because I didn’t do my DD.
So far 8-10%, less than :disappointed_relieved: 13.5%. Ignoring those I bought at bargain price e.g. from a divorced couple.

2 Likes

Another one I bookmarked in the past. I think I passed on this one because of the house number. It was also too expensive at the time for Outer Sunset:

What’s a realistic price for this one? Can you hear the traffic on Lincoln?

I don’t think the noise is too bad unless you are facing Lincoln. The real killer is locating less than half a block from the train tracks, which doesn’t apply to this one. $1.5ish is my guess, but it may go for lower given the slowdown…

A lot of good listings at very attractive price. Need to watch how long it will stay a buyers market