MRNA & BNTX - Are these next 10x stock?

I’ll wait.

You are underestimating the power of moat and innovation !

If it reaches $130 before Dec 31st, I will buy 100 shares at $140 and 100 shares at $130 and post here.

Is not about moat and innovation. Is about RHers!

The initial rise is usually based on real fundamentals. After awhile is euphoria of RHers. The problem is impossible to predict when they change their mood and shift their targets - I am not a RHer or a millennial.

Do not blame RHers, they are understanding fast.

You did not read How to make money in Stocks.

CANSLIM methodology has moat in one chapter.

You did not read Stephen H. Penman Accounting for Value

This has excellent chapters to value a company.

Both are important for long term hold. TSLA and MRNA falls into this.

Hard to break innovation.

I have no time to read another business. Too old for that. Can’t wait for another 10-20 years.
I’ll leave it to millennials to make their doles. I just have my entertainment :slight_smile:

First, you are too young compared with WB - who holds billions ! Still Rhers can not beta that old man!!

Ha ha ha, you are mis-understanding like the same was lot of investing myth is in circulation !

Current price = 20+ years future returns (does not mean you need to wait 10-20 years).
This is same for AAPL priced at $124.38 today, today Apple buyers will get return $124.38 in next 20+ years.

If you or someone reads accounting for value, they will understand TSLA, MRNA, BNTX at the early period onwards and get the benefit out of it. Still all the three are at early period of start, full potential is yet to come.

I show the proper way to analyze a company, told by good old books such us intelligent investor, accounting for value…etc.

It is left to investors to decide as I do not get any penny benefit out of anyone reading that book !

Sound like you are talking about discounted cash flow or similar valuation. No time for such sh@%. Doubt @wuqijun bother. He knows Elon Musk very well and has full faith in him. Ditto for me in SJ. Future is hard to predict, any valuation is BS. The only one that matter is CEO/ founder so long he is around. All those numbers can be influenced drastically by human activity! the CEO/ founder + some leadership personality in the company. IMHO, people, people, people are much more important.

1 Like

WQJ is blind investment based on CEOs/Founders, a different way to go, like Bill gates, Steve jobs…etc

This is like Mason is commenting about an architect work about building a home as if Mason can build a home without architect !

True, an experienced Mason can build a home without an architect, but he can not build a Goldengate bridge which needs set of architects!

That is the key, if any one wants to build an empire, they need to follow proper methodology.

FDA committee votes for it

**I do not know how many purchased these shares, but went up after hours. **
Today morning it went down $123 with market and now $134 !

When do you expect Moderna to be FDA approved? I am thinking of jumping in tomorrow

FDA supposed to review now and approve by Dec 17th.

BTW:Market would have priced approval already!

Did you buy at least BNTX when it was low today? FDA approved it

1 Like

Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine Supply Agreements

Moderna has confirmed the following supply agreements of committed orders totaling more than 390 million doses:

United States: 200 million doses with option for an additional 300 million doses
European Union: 80 million doses with option for an additional 80 million doses
Japan: 50 million doses
Canada: 40 million doses with option for an additional 16 million doses
Switzerland: 7.5 million doses
United Kingdom: 7 million doses
Israel: 6 million doses
Qatar
Other countries, which have placed orders and have not been disclosed.

Potential overall.

In mid-August, Moderna announced a deal with the U.S. government to supply 100 million doses of the investigational vaccine for up to $1.525 billion. The agreement also carried an option for the U.S. government buying up to an additional 400 million doses.

1 Like

I didn’t buy BNTX but instead went with PFE and MRNA. I’m already up pretty big with PFE call options but I wonder what the revenue/licensing scheme is with PFE and BNTX.

Moderna Inc MRNA.O said on Wednesday smaller volume agreements for its experimental coronavirus vaccine have been priced in the range of $32 to $37 per dose, higher than the price set by the U.S. deal for Pfizer Inc’s PFE.N vaccine candidate.

Last month, the U.S. government struck a deal for an experiment vaccine being developed by Pfizer and partner BioNTech SE 22UAy.F that secures enough vaccine to inoculate 50 million Americans for about $40 a person. Moderna’s two-dose vaccine regimen would cost between $64 and $74 per person.

The deal with the US government includes an initial order of 100 million doses for $1.95bn, with an option to acquire up to 500 million additional doses. The price for these additional doses will be negotiated separately.

This means that, in the US deal, two doses of the vaccine costs $39, or $19.50 per dose.

Source:

BNTX is more volatile and less predictable. Easier to trade MU.

Last week, not big enough difference to pounce around stocks. Easier to stick with MU.
Chart shows MU declined by 2.9%, my portfolio drops by 0.5% only. Could be because I have reduced my exposure fairly drastically.

1 Like

Here are my last points for forum viewers. I will not update any more as there is no benefit whether you buy or not.

First, both BNTX and MRNA are not for trading ! If you buy, hold it for ever. There are reasons for volatility and approval gives stability.

MRNA has yearly capacity of 500M does (doubly priced at $37) while BNTX has 1.2M doses (priced $19).

Compared big pharma ALXN (16% Profit Margin) , BMRN (45% PM) & VRTX (45% PM), I assumed 20% profit margin for DCF on BNTX.

With this, if they(BNTX) supply 700M doses, it is equal to 30B valuation, but they exceeded complete year order book position, denied USA for further additional orders !

If Covid is to be eradicated by these two firms, it will take 2-4 years to completely wipe around the world.

Once the next quarterly results are out, the stocks will really go up as they will know complete order book and profit margin.

Please, No question and answer session on this update. Viewers must do their own analysis before taking any decision.

All I can say is this: These two are good for investing, longer growth potential !

1 Like
1 Like

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 9.23.50 AM

Almost declining to $130. Updated EW chart. I BTC the short put around $160-$170 (can’t recall).
I have not changed the count and labeling, just add what might follow after 5.v in a bigger chart. Wave iv might or might not have completed - wave four is notoriously impossible to interpret especially its pattern.

1 Like

The drop happened with Morgan Stanley and Jeffries downgrade the MRNA to $150

As I told, I increased my stake in MRNA to 1200 shares and BNTX to 1000 shares. In addition, I have taken many LEAP calls for MRNA and BNTX (Jan 2022 expiry).

1 Like

In EWT, I don’t read news. As you know yourself, news are there to influence your decisions or after-the-fact reporting. Real intentions are reflected in the price.

For me, would unload all once above $180, too risky to hold. Ofc, it could turn out to be an extended fifth wave then you would be laughing to the bank. I believe there are safer (not necessary better rewards) bets elsewhere :slight_smile: Safety first :slight_smile: Rule 1: Don’t lose money

Download a random image for extended fifth wave. Please note that fifth wave is unpredictable too, can be truncated, normal, and extended. Have fun with fifth wave - I am scare of fifth wave. Take note of the comment in the diagram, completion of the fifth wave would usually bring the price back to four :wink: