My dose of negativity for the day:

I didn’t say anything about all cash offers, did i?
I asked how do you know they are foreigners? Foreigners can be residents/locals, what makes them different from non-foreigners besides passport :slight_smile:

Cash?

Same cash can buy more :slight_smile: other assets and goods.

Just wrote some of my observations above. I could be wrong.

There’s a difference between wanting it to happen vs twisting everything you read to convince yourself it will happen.

just see me as a counterbalance…it’s healthy to hear from both sides. :grin:

you don’t want to this to be a BA RE cheerleading echo-chamber, do you? oh, wait… nevermind :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yes… we’re waiting for you to counter @marcus335 's last post. :slight_smile:

which one? I thought I did

Which assets would not go down in a downturn?

cash

It will go down implicitly

1. Inflation(@2% current)
  2. Rising(lower rate than the last few year maybe) prices till recession/price crash. Drop will be from that higher high than today.
  3. Most probably it will be a normal economic recession this time, unlike the once in 50 year financial crash of last time, so the drop when it happens will be lower.
  4. The longer 1&2 takes to happen less will be the value of cash.

Having said that if anyone needs cash for a RE transaction to happen , no choice but to wait.

Just doing my job as part of the echo chamber :smile:

From my reading slowdown is just right around the corner. There were 5 price drops today in Sunnyvale/SC and the day is still young.

It’s possible due to the higher cost/TAX on RE[smaller mortgage & SALT deductions vs doubling of Std deduction(which favors renters-people who don’t itemize)]. Will hit high cost RE-coastal states more.

Not part of the echo chamber with this post :slight_smile:

all good points, although you can get 2-3% in a CD to keep inflation away…

My name should tell you I am just jealous! Just having a little fun

I would never wish that anyone on this board suffer severe financial losses… just give me a little dip! (good for you guys too, a chance to buy lower!) I just don’t want to be the sucker that buys at a multi-year top. Once I do, watch out, I’ll be echoing in the chamber too!!!

:grin:

1 Like

You will be. Either that or never own.

true…

wow…thanks!
please tell me which of the following lines most resembles the future BA RE price curve, you know, the one that will never have a dip again:

The red one :rofl:

Oh… I’m color blind… I meant to say the green one :rofl:

no, the green one is the the number of annoying posts I will make per day if a dip actually happens!!! :grin:

Every dip other than 2008 is 5-10%. Prices are up 12% in the last year alone. You already lost by waiting.