Seriously - Looking for expert opinions
Neighbor always parks in street parking in front of our house. Occasionally, does not remove it even during trash days. However, he makes sure that he has an empty space (no car parked) right adjacent to his house to keep his trash cans out on the trash collection day.
We bought a house in Fremont close to 2 years ago. Our house is right by a cul de sac. Our next door neighbor(Neighbor B - 35 year resident) is at the leading edge(just where the cul de sac starts), & this particular neighbor(Neighbor A – 6 year resident) is one among 2 at the center of the cul de sac.
- Has a large family.
- Has built an in law unit in backyard for additional space.
- Uses his garage as a living area with dining table and chairs & couches.
- Owned a used car dealership, hence has 6-7 cars which are used by his large family & the number of cars vary by day.
- Now, Neighbor A and Neighbor B are not friendly to each other (quite sure)& both have come to(I believe) a grudging understanding among themselves to reserve the street parking right by them for their trash pickup.
- However, neighbor A occasionally “forgets” to remove his car from the parking space in front my house on trash day.
- I have talked to this household twice on this.
a. 1st time – I went to his house and told him. Following that he started removing his car/truck/SUV for trash day. However it was inconsistent.
b. 2nd time – I asked a household member(who was out taking out the trash can to the parking space where they keep it regularly) when my parking space was again taken up.
- Even when they remove the car, it might be late in the evening & so I might have to wait till late to move my trash can there.
- My relationship with Neighbor A is normal, with normal hello & hi and we have talked briefly on our backgrounds etc.
- As far as I know no other neighbor encroaches on the parking space of another neighbor in the neighborhood.
- Recently there is a car from their household parked in the street parking in front of my house for 7 continuous days & counting (& it was there during last week’s trash takeout day)
I have 2 cars & cannot retaliate by blocking the parking space with my cars , & I do not want to do it either as I don’t need this parking space except on trash day.
I have talked to him & his family twice about this and his behavior shows that he perfectly understands the need for space to keep the trash cans for his own household while he doesn’t want to extend the same courtesy to me.
I do not want a nasty fight but I want to make sure that I don’t have to remind him every few months on this.
Qn: What can be done in this situation?
Thank you everyone.