Netflix BOMBED. Anyone buying?

Netflix:
Happy Valley 1 & 2 - BBC
The Invisible guest(spanish)

Heads up for the SG expats.

@manch is exposing the living condition that I was in when I was young. He has committed hate crime vs me :rage:

This series is banned in commie territory, can’t be bad :smirk:

Your living condition back then was not bad at all. But what’s with the open kitchen?

I fully expect the next Chernobyl style mega “accident” will happen in China. There’s some rumor the three gorge dam is showing some deformation and the Chinese government seems to be making up one excuse after another… :scream:

Square footage of a 3 room HDB is 600 sqft. Main door open into the living area which open to the kitchen/ laundry/ utility/ bathroom/ drying area - only 1 bathroom with an aluminum door, squat not sit :blush:. Two bedrooms are on the right of the living area - entered through wooden doors. 3 rooms = 2 bedrooms + 1 living/kitchen/…

600 ft is absolute luxury in Hong Kong.

.Chugging along
for Now

Bombed again. Anyone buying?

Still so high? Tell me when it is $100s.

1 Like

Wow. It’s not just slower growth. They are losing subscribers. Even without the impact today shutting down Russia, they lost subscribers. They are saying the loss will accelerate too. This could lead to a full implosion.

1 Like

Still above $100. Can BTFD for a 50% CAGR for five years, Cathie’s style?

Bombed one more time, AH $257. Almost two years later. $465 to $257. Buy at your own risk.

What are people using instead? My husband still does Netflix, but he says that the selection of movies has become more limited, especially via DVD. He was hoping to watch a bunch of movies on the Library of Congress cultural list (?) but he can’t get them via Netflix.

There are so many streaming services now. There definitely needs to be consolidation. They are also going to crackdown on password sharing.

One thing I don’t understand is why NFLX didn’t expand into other related industry. Very odd.

Eventually, a company would exhaust its TAM, rush of competitors bring that outcome earlier. So it is necessary to parlay current success to other growth areas.

4 Likes

I agree. It would have been logical for them to go into music or buy Spotify/Pandora.

Cost of internet access + streaming subscriptions >> Cable TV, right :slight_smile:

For me,

AT&T Fibre $85 + HBOMax + Rakuten $10 + AMZN Prime = $95/ month.

Need to add internet access to the Cable TV too. That can cause Cable TV to be more expensive.

For me, I definitely saved money going streaming vs Cable.

• Now: Internet $60 + Netflix $15 + Disney $7 + Cruchyroll (for Anime) $10 = around $90
  • Before: Internet and Cable TV $100 + HD $10 + DVR $10 + Broadcast TV fees $10 + Comcast Sports Net for Warrior games $8 = around $140

I hope Netflix will not implement advertisement, at least not for the $15 tier. If so, I will cancel. My time is too precious to waste time to watching commercial. That is why I never understood Hulu. Who would want to pay Hulu for $7 and watch commercials. Then for $12 (which is just cost of 1 cup of coffee) more per month, can get no ad.

1 Like

I think you can get cable tv without internet access.

Frankly I hardly watch HBOMax and AMZN Prime, they are bundled “free”.