Netflix BOMBED. Anyone buying?

You didn’t read this eerily similar to something you know… instead of A grade, is B grade…

As Netflix edges towards domestic saturation, its revenue growth will primarily be driven by price increases – and a reputation for overlong series and B-grade movies may prove problematic regardless of watch time growth (HBO’s price, after all, is 37% higher despite offering a fraction of the library and achieving even less engagement per customer).

Bombed yet again.

Netflix tanks after whiffing on global paid subscribers

• Shares of Netflix fell more than 10% after the company reported global net adds of 2.7 million, well below guidance of 5 million.
  • Netflix stands to lose two of its most-watched shows to upcoming rival streaming services.
  • The company has been steadily burning cash as it fuels its massive content spend.

Short it.

Netflix BOMBED.

Anyone buying?

NO

It fell below all the moving averages. They already spend a ton on content. This quarter shows unless they keep spending a ton on new content then they don’t get as many new subscribers. That’s really troublesome. Making their own content was supposed to be cheaper in the long run, since they don’t have to keep renewing licenses for it. If it really is about new content, then the content expense is only going to increase.

2 Likes

It’s cheaper to make in house content. But how to make sure it’s worth watching?

IMO most Netflix made content is not that great. Only thing working for them currently is scale and lack of competition.

1 Like

Disney and Apple are coming after NFLX’s ass.

1 Like

Their content has won a lot of awards though. Network TV content has become total garbage of the same few recycled formulas over and over. I only have Netflix, HBO, and Amazon prime now. I ditched cable TV.

You sold?

@4 months back…

Having said that… it might come back, i.e. I don’t know what will happen.

I have ditched cable @couple of months back. I don’t like most of content created by Netflix though. I liked “Stranger Things -Season 1”. The rest of the seasons I didn’t finish.

1 Like

No longer subscribed to any video streaming.
AMZN Prime Video - Free with Prime but never watch a single movie/ show.
NFLX - Nothing interesting. Discontinued long ago.
YouTube - Watch often. Is free too.
Apple - Occasionally rent some movies.

It’s not free… Google is even collecting data on when you sneezed :smile:

2 Likes

Netflix: Terrace House
Hulu: Handmaid’s Tale
Prime: Nada

For me, HBO still has some of the best content.
GoT
Silicon Valley
Chernobyl
The Inventor: Out For Blood in Silicon Valley

You can buy the whole season of Chernobyl on amazon prime for 12 bucks I think. I am gonna do that. Heard great things about the show.

Amen to that ^^. I like all of those above and adding couple more:
Big Little Lies (Superb acting)
Succession
West world (maybe not for everyone - it’s like new generation Lost)

GoT is done and Silicon Valley has 1 season left. That’s a huge bummer.

I thought the same and then out came Chernobyl! HBO constantly serves up quality content.

1 Like