Next 10x Stock Winner

No. I buy my calls well into the money, so there’s no time premium. I usually get about 3x leverage vs. buying the stock.

I’m still holding UBNT, SHOP, and NTNX. I have Jan calls on TWLO and VEEV.

APPF had a good quarter and is going well.

I buy 3 strikes itm. so something like twlo, if i held onto it, would be at least 3x hah. now i’m looking at you fb.

should stick to my rule and ignore my greed. iq was my greed, blew off terribly. ntnx is now making me nervous too.

1 Like

I don’t like time premium. You can be right about direction, but if the move isn’t big enough you lose money. That makes it REALLY hard to make money. Plus, with deep ITM calls if you’re wrong they don’t move against you as quickly in terms of percent loss.

Right. short term calls are a drug - no time premium, big gain or big loss. One day i made big over a single call, then the week after it took it all away.
now i am recovering from fb. I had 170 jan calls from way long ago, it was up quite a lot. after drop, bought some more, hopeful for some gains & recovery.

also nflx. hanera would disagree.

Any purchase that’s less than $50k in value is not worth talking about. Don’t even mention it on this forum. It’s wasting people’s eyeball. Only mention something if you have spent at least $50k on it. Thank you.

2 Likes

I am not so clear about MU at this stage. Regarding MU, have you noticed this news?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-03/micron-chip-sales-banned-in-china-on-patent-case-rival-umc-says

The MU sales to China is almost 45%-50% and we do not know how much of this 26 products sales affected. MU or some analysts says 1% or 5%, but we never know until we see the next qtrly result.

I could not get recent info region wise.

Is this 1% of net worth?

1 Like

It is your duty to figure out what @manch’s net worth is and report back to us… :wink:

I presume is your 1% :slight_smile: Hence worth of your stock portfolio would be $5M :joy:

You presumed too much :rofl:

2000 TEVA at stake. Real number not BS figures, to lure 敏颖 (sharp and intelligent) to share.

Sleazy Musky at it again. Tweeting going private at $420

1 Like

Musk wants to sell Tesla to the Saudis . They will quickly destroy the company to get rid of competition for oil.

And elon will start another. If saudis are smart they dont kill it. I am not sure if they are the smartest when it comes to this though.

Elon musk don’t know how to run a business profitable. He knows how to startup and hype a business, and then sell it. Btw how much did he sells Paypal for and what is the worth now?

He was at PayPal for less than a year. I have no idea why he gets so much credit for it. His startup had a banking ID number. PayPal needed one, and it was faster to acquire Elon’s company. They quickly realized he couldn’t run PayPal and booted him. Then Thiel stepped in and fixed everything.

Thiel did a lousy job. Biggest mistake to let eBay acquire it. But I guess he had his sight set on investing (Facebook) so it worked out for him in the end.

Peter Thiel has one success, FB, he becomes legendary.
Allan has one success, MSFT, he becomes legendary.

When is my turn?

1 Like

He knows how to hype it :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like