Next 10x Stock Winner

Looks like Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence cannot bake a better Pizza.

They had over 700 employees. That’s a huge burn rate. There’s no way that should take so many people.

If anyone master this FA, they are the rockstars of stock market !

This is how I understand BYND, the IPO was floated with undervaluation while UBER and LYFT was floated over valuation.

1 Like

Artificial Intelligence Stocks: The 10 Best AI Companies

FAANMG less NFLX and AAPL
BAT less BABA
CRM
NVDA
INTC
TWLO :heart_eyes:

For those who want to better understand Artificial Intelligence, a set of very good introductory videos after my comment.

My comment:

Basically, AI will lead to growth of two types of companies . Silicon and Software. Silicon companies will make processor to run AI software (like nvidia, amd, intel etc) . AI software companies will write software and application to perform an AI activity (usually classification of incoming data vector into one of the groups ).

AI/ML companies will still have to follow the laws of economics and accounting. In other words you cannot hire a 75/hr engineer to bake a pizza when you can have someone to do the same for $25.

Link to free videos:
https://www.coursera.org/lecture/ai-for-everyone/week-1-introduction-SRwLN

Roll up and forward the vertical call spread, pocketing beyond belief profit. 160% in two trading days. Have I buy long calls only 400%.

@manch This is called momentum trading, nothing to do with any financial analysis, albeit, just trusting your friend like @Jil

Viewers need not trust me, but due their own research. I left CFRX just like that for viewers to do research as it is their own money and their own return.

For me, for the first time, I bought a stock with long term thinking, buy ($75 range) and hold BYND. Then second stocks CFRX on buy ($0.72) and hold. Both are no TRADING or No Selling.

1 Like

Not easy to buy n hold because there would be over 50% decline in your journey that might scare the hell out of you. Short term fundamentals could be really bad like the one for AAPL recently during Dec 2018/Jan 2019 - is a test of how much faith you have in their management, and business model/ strategy/ moat.

3 Likes

I was stopped out of CFRX and it closed barely above. Should not have put a stop.

This is one of the best ideas on this topic. Based on your experience, what is the best way to handle a situation where a stock you want to buy has made a huge run up in a very short period (like BYND is up 30% in a few days).

If you believe in BYND like @Jil, BYND should be worth North of $300 :slight_smile: So initiating a DCA purchasing plan over 2-3 years is good. If you are buying a lot, shorting put is pretty lucrative, IV has shot sky-high.

1 Like

Please not to believe or trust me, use your own research. All I understood using DCF was worth buying at $75, anything above is additional.

I know the BYND since pre-IPO for which I applied fidelity allotment, but they declined.

I am following since then, trying to get in, but stock fell very heavily since the founders (including gates foundation) sold the stocks ahead of lock period with SEC permission. This was the blunder the founders made ! Entire industry (Hedge funds and others) thought BYND is not worth brought down to $70-$75.

I did my own math (DCF) and found the stock is worth $75. DCF is conservative analysis. That is why I am confident to hold long as that price may not come back (no guarantee).

BYND is an exception, like the 2008-2011 real estate, a rare scenario.

Reg CFRX, my trust is blind on PFE which got 8.7% of common stocks at $0.30 price. I trust they would have done due diligence ! I came to know that PFE details from barrons Pfizer Bought Penny Biotech Stock ContraFect Just Before It Doubled - Barrons

1 Like

More like AAPL in 1997, return of SJ. Is BYND CEO that good? Haven’t researched on them yet, basking on my indecent profit from other stocks.

2 Likes

Hope you know that I do not follow CEOs ! I just follow my math and my own guesstimate.

1. Gates foundation was one of the pre-ipo investors who sold the stock at $160 pre-lock period.
  2. But for network (BYND-MCD) relationship purpose, you will see this news helps.

By SAMANTHA MASUNAGASTAFF WRITER
NOV. 5, 2015 9:30 AM
El Segundo-based mock meat company Beyond Meat is beefing up its board of directors with a former McDonald’s Corp. chief executive.

Don Thompson, who helmed the Oak Brook, Ill.-based fast food chain for 2½ years, will be sharing his expertise in Big Macs and Chicken McNuggets with the 6-year-old maker of vegan non-GMO pea protein patties.

Thompson spent 25 years at McDonald’s, serving as president and global chief operating officer, among other roles, before taking the CEO job. He stepped down in January after months of slumping sales.

“Don’s expertise and leadership is invaluable as we seek to deliver on our promise of enabling consumers to eat what they love, without any downsides,” Beyond Meat CEO Ethan Brown said Thursday.

I want to be very clear: I am not all telling it is worth $300.

I am not so much bullish on this stock, like buy…buy…buy… All I know was it was worth $75 at that time.

With current price (or even if it goes up), I may hold but will not initiate new buy as this is already gone up crazily ! The stock went up after hours 5% ($120 now) crazily. Dunkin also introduce bynd product in their menu from now on.

Once stock goes up, I stop looking at it (any stock including AAPL or TSLA or BYND).

I do not know whether it will go up or down, but it will not touch $75 again and holding it.

Anyone buying now, esp before results Jan 27, 2020, must do their own diligence and initiate.

Even Jim Cramer change his stance after sometime (Once it is up and peak).

https://www.coinspeaker.com/beyond-meat-stock-jim-cramer/

2 Likes

@Jil, your points are well taken.

As far as I understand, it goes like this:

1. The purpose of investment should be (1) protect the principal (2) earn a reasonable return on the principal. Reasonable means the reward potential and risk in an investment should justify each other Anything that violates these two no longer fits the definition of investment as suggested by Benjamin Graham in the book you suggested. Or, in the words of Peter Schiff, an investment should give clear answer to this question. “What does it pay?”. If this question cannot be answered. Then it is not an investment but a speculation.

2. My own investment philosophy is to “buy at profit” if I ever want to sell at profit. Buying at loss in a hope to sell at profit some day is pure speculation. Speculation is OK so long as one understand the difference between a speculation and an investment.

3. No all buying opportunity is an opportunity to invest, but almost every buying opportunity is an opportunity to speculate.

4. Value investing (like those arrived with DCF) is good way to find a profitable purchase.

5. Do not invest if the flow of money in the underlying business is hard to explain or too easy to replicate (ie does not have a moat).

6. For all of the above points to become true, investor requires a lot of time and effort to understand the investment target. Benjamin Graham said is that the investors who work hard (in choosing right investment ) are generally more successful in long run. Because lot of people can neither invest time nor have inclination in stock market, end up being at mercy of Financial Advisors or Mutual Funds. These two are passive way of investing, and hence rewards from these reflect the minimal effort that the hands off approach brings to the table. Many highly successful people are poor investors because they do not spend time in understanding their own investments choices better. (Can an active investor beat SP500, this is another point of discussion. Is active investing same as throwing dart ? I do not think so. All successful investors are market timers to some degree ). But, it is always better to understand underlying business.

7. Like in any business, the time and price of entry is very important. If one opportunity is missed, there will be another one coming soon.

8. @hanera said it nicely several times, the management, and business strategy are very important for the future success. Past is just the past, even if it was very brilliant.

1 Like

@pandeyathotmail, nice summary, looks like you are done with intelligent investor.

If you need to know more on DCF, try to get CHAPTER12 VALUATION: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE of Applied Corporate Finance (by Aswath Damodaran). It is 65-70 pages, that is more than enough to know the company valuation.

Every year, I buy this book https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1507212046 including this year. Luckily, they suggested BYND as one of their company, gave me a good summary of that company. This is also another reason for me to focus on BYND.

I used to refer this book for fundamentals, summary, it covers everything but DCF.

1 Like

I just said this today and Jim Cramer did here (he is after the fact). He has waited until stock price touched SMA200 line !

TWLO and SQ keep mooning, feel stupid trimming :sob: