Next 10x Stock Winner

Not just NFLX, most tech stocks.

So, let me ask a naive Qn. Iā€™m not quite familiar with BIGC. How does it compare with SHOP?

Thanks.

I havenā€™t read much about BIGC. I think itā€™s more of a website builder than a full e-commerce, run the business solution the way SHOP is.

1 Like

Thinking aloud to narrow the number of stocks in the growth stock portfolioā€¦ re-balancing, cut off lower potential stocks.

CRM is well managed but canā€™t even go above $300B market cap, currently $200B.
Ditto for SHOP, canā€™t go above $300B market cap, currently $81B.
Another one, ADBE, currently $209B.

$300B is a ceiling. Guess we can use this as the max for growth stocks.
So for 10x over 10 years, should look for growth stocks trading for less than $30B market cap e.g. RBLX U :slight_smile:
To beat S&P, min 5x, should not buy any stocks of higher than $60B market cap. Stocks less than $60B, COIN NET SE (slightly higher), SNOW (slightly higher), DDOG, CRWDā€¦

Two mega caps have potential to 5x over 10 years, TSLA and NVDA, so should I take unnecessary risk in growth stocks?

4 Likes

I always try to buy under $10B or worse case under $20B.

2 Likes

@marcus335

You said positive cash flow is critical but NFLX is a counter example according toā€¦

Did author mislead?

ā€œMaterial positive cash flowā€ which they defined as over $1B/yr. They came up with some arbitrary definition.

I use it as a metric of if their operations can sustain themselves without having to sell more shares or borrow to fund operations. It makes them more resilient to market downturns or interest rate increases.

2 Likes

NVDA already +32% from recent low (early Mar).

This author thinks SHOP is going below 300$.

1 Like

Iā€™m not surprised the GM is lower. The WaaS business is growing, and itā€™s lower margin. Iā€™m not sure the margin on the payment business, but I doubt it increases GM. I donā€™t get how S&M grew so fast. That should be mostly commissions which are tied to sales, so it shouldnā€™t grow faster than revenue. Iā€™ve love to know what percentile 22% revenue growth is among publicly traded companies.

2 Likes

From investing (not trading) perspective,
For sure, no new money.
Existing position, go cash or hold, up to your investment profile and timeframe.

Since this is a Cloud bust, natural to compare with dotcom bust. I noted only AMZN from the dotcom era is in top 10. EBay is still around but nobody really care. FANGMANT: AAPL MSFT NVDA are from the PC era and GOOG FB TSLA are post dotcom. If cloud bust is similar to dotcom bust, only one cloud is worth holding, rest are lemons.

Dotcom bubble: 1997-2000
Cloud bubble: 2018-2021
About one generation apart, that is, investors chasing cloud stocks are not the same as those chasing dotcom stocks. For the next bubble, watch the TikTokers :grinning: Millennials have passed their prime.

1 Like
1 Like

This seems like a big beat - * Revenue of $874.35M (+336.5% Y/Y) beats by $86.94M.
Why is this a sub 3$ stock? @mcp

Veterans here might know better. My understanding is heavy short selling. It will take some yrs to achieve double digit price. Also it was clubbed under meme stock even though they are not.

$10m is too low. Try $100m

The TTM PE is below 14. Thatā€™s insane for a company growing at 22%.

1 Like

I follow this guy for CLOV analysis.

1 Like