No more stocks for me. Just real estate investments

I have had it with this market. I completely got out of all stocks. I looked at some analysis that pointed out how much lower stocks like Facebook could go down if all the privacy concerns take over. I am going to focus on real estate for next few years. If this stock market crash is similar to dot-com era, which I think it is, real estate will do well. At least I have something tangible that I can get rent out of and plan my retirement.

5 Likes

Bold highlighted is wrong, as you have not seen any recession now…IMO, this is temp effect.

You are doing the same mistake I did in year 2000. I stopped investing between 2000 and 2011, it was wrong.

If I guess right, All I see is that you have not properly educated towards investment. That is the exact mistake I did in year 2000.

When I started back in 2012, I started reading books that gave me strength and profitability.

Any way, it is up to you to decide.

2 Likes

You started so late :open_mouth:, miss FB at $20, TSLA at $38, AAPL at $2 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If you sold all the stocks in 2000, you should feel extremely happy. The real decline happened in 2001, right?

Exactly same mistake zensri doing now.

I missed FB and AAPL, but not TSLA.

TSLA is the first stock I purchased 600 shares at 41. That was the first day I resumed stock (I do not know which year) after I left stock in year 2000.

Now, with this results, I am not selling any TSLA stock, holding 100% even if there is a dip in future , going to keep forever like your AAPL and WB TEVA.

3 Likes

@Jil, I will buy real estate near Tesla in Fremont then. :slight_smile: Assuming it becomes as big as Apple, my real estate value should go parabolic, right? Also, I won’t be paying any major premium for those homes yet unlike the stock.

1 Like

Tesla’s headquarter is in PA…

True. But they have more employees in Fremont. Their expansion will be in Fremont too.

Those are lowly assembly workers in Fremont.

2 Likes

I have seen Fremont SFH selling around 300k-400k range 20 years before. Real estate is good at BA, no doubt. Whenever possible, I will also go for real estate.

But do not stop investing and read some good books. You will be fine.

Here is someone timely posted

@manch, not true at all. I know engineers working in Fremont. Here are their salaries.

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Tesla/salaries?job_category=techsoftware&location=US%2FCA%2FFremont

2 Likes

It is astonishing that this forum was all about stocks two months ago. And now everyone wants to bail.
Stock investors need a cast iron stomach. The gyrations can make you ill. RE investing makes it easier to sleep at night

5 Likes

I’m not bailing. In fact I’m just getting started. Been waiting.

1 Like

RE has been abandoned. Now stocks. What about gold?

All you guys do is talk about stock these days…oh wait and politics.

2 Likes

FED/USG is not printing money and giving to bank as they rewind the QE program. Banks needs to seek capital outside which is expensive, pushing the 10 year rate higher. Mortgage rate depended on 10 year rate.

RE has been abandoned by high prices and mortgage interest rate increase.

Stocks: Wait until Election results to recover, but it may be pretty slow recovery. I really do not think FED will touch rate hike in Dec, but may pause (again guesswork).

Gold, as usual, no so great investment.

Today, you see how BA has done. It is too early call as we have two great results awaiting - GOOGL and AMZN. Both of them set to rock the Nasdaq, esp AMZN. This may break like TSLA.

Stocks fluctuate daily. But long term RE looks shaky too. Interest rates can kill the party.

This is well known, but should be short term say one or two years. save money and buy when you get nice opportunity.

People will be used to 6% mortgage rate as they need homes to stay. YOY growth may be slowed down to 5% instead of crazy prices between 2012 and june-2018.

Long term, 5 to 10 years, when stock market grows, home market will also grow.

CDs, first deeds of trust and bonds are starting to look good.

Hear Hear! I’m with @harriet here.

1 Like