No more stocks for me. Just real estate investments

Sorry to hear about the stocks. I am not much for stocks but my understanding is that if you are looking long term, one should stay the course and ride it out.

Hey, I have loved Fremont for a long time. 4 years this Dec I bought a 3/1 SFH for mid 400K. Now, easily mid 800s. Not too bad.

3 Likes

@ zensri

My yesterday losses, appx 5% loss yesterday, are almost recovered today.

Did you see today how market reacted?

If AMZN and GOOGL posts positive reports today evening, that is it, I will be way positive whatever Google and Amazon jumps after hours.

1 Like

@zensri is a beginner. Couldnā€™t stomach a turbulent market. But with time everyone can get better.

2 Likes

Invest, put your money into something that can beat inflation and provides you with liquidity. Cash in the bank, and CDs and so on? Not so much.

Factors to look at:
No high fees to pay
No taxes to pay
Liquidity
Avoiding risks of the stock market.

At retirement, your regular income needs not to tax your SS check.

The end.

Not bailing at all. Wish I had more cash to invest now. Iā€™ve only got out once and that was sometime in the 90ā€™s.

3 Likes

Too bad thereā€™s age discrimination here @BAJacket. We only got 1 like for being fearless. Donā€™t worry you still got me :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

The messages are different.
Meguroā€™s message is her blood is together with all of us.
BAJacket/ Harrietā€™s message is dancing on other graves.

2 Likes

You only got 1 like not because of your age, but because of your content.

:-1: for grave dancing. :rage:

1 Like

Wake up people. Nobody knows your NW nor care to dance on your grave. Too much imagination in your head.

1 Like

So now you are telling us you donā€™t care for us either? :cry:

We can take our 1 like and put it into the hotpot at HDL and eat it.

1 Like

Iā€™d care about the ups and downs in your bank account only if I get a cut of it.

Disappear for a period of time, you will see the many private messages asking for your whereaboutsā€¦not! :joy:

Oh donā€™t be silly. No one will care if I disappear except maybe Screamer-in-chief who is in dire need of female posters.

1 Like

I have been buying tech stocks for the last 30 years. You are right that in the long term stocks go up. But itā€™s so damn hard to not panic when they start going down. Look at AMD, they have been doing so well. Not sure what changed so suddenly. In any case, stocks are a volatile, time consuming investment. I know that 90% of people that I know wonā€™t sell their homes even if their value goes down to 50%.Not many of them, including me, can stay in stocks after a 20% fall. So in theory stocks may generate a better return but in practice, itā€™s very difficult to stick to them during downturns. Hence my decision to stick to real estate. I can live in my house no matter what, and collect rent on my rentals. There may be some dip in the rent for a few years during a down turn but I wonā€™t lose my sleep over it.

7 Likes

Perfectly right ! It is hard to go through downturns with stocks.

I withstood a 60% fall in my stock portfolio in 2008. My heart is made of steel.

4 Likes

Wow. I canā€™t do that. I doubt if most people on this forum can withstand that kind of loss.

1 Like

You are the most cold hearted person alive. :smile:

2 Likes