No, There Is Nothing Wrong With Lowell's Selection Process

Big Bro did the public school thing (why not, Saratoga High) but did send the oldest daughter to a private college. Major expense. Frankly, not sure if it were really worth it…

was the other kid that went to public a male?

Yes, then Cal State. You know how daughters get favortism… (no hate emails, please… I just had a nice dim sum lunch with the coworkers)

1 Like

that’s what i was guessing :slight_smile:

The power move is to buy in Palo Alto but send kids to fancy private schools.

2 Likes

There’s a Chinese saying you should raise your sons poor but your daughters rich. Let’s see if @hanera knows this one.

1 Like

crazy rich asians knew it!
i should maybe watch the movie now :slight_smile:

Or los altos.

The poor move is buying places that goes to LA or PA schools, but not be in LA/PA.

1 Like

What? Why would you “waste it” by not going to the highly regarded public schools of PA? My good friend who was raised in PA is sending his daughter to public school there. He is like me, what is wrong with public schools? The ONLY reason why anyone should go to private is if the public ones are really that bad or you got a bad assignment.

2 Likes

Screamer-in-Chief is concerned because the campus assignment is switching back to being geography based and the choices in his district ain’t pretty.

No. I am concerned because they don’t teach algebra in middle school. I will be an algebra refugee.

1 Like

But, but I thought the Bay View was all that…the future, the nexus, the center of the universe…

My boss’ boss’ boss back at intel has house in Cupertino but send his kids to Harker. It’s very common among techies director level and up. Why is it a surprise?

If you love Algebra so much you can enroll them in Kumon or those Russian math classes.

Key is to grow up with other kids whose math don’t suck. :smile:

I still have my eyes set on public schools as I am not made of money (yet). But I am aware privates beat public’s, even if you compare with the best of the best public’s.

1 Like

But let’s be honest Cupertino and being a Director or above is not the same as living in Palo Alto. Anything related to Palo Alto is gold standard…:grinning:

I remember reading about Mark Hurd sending her daughter to that fancy all girl private school in PA. CEO level. :smile:

Cupertino/Director < Palo Alto/Waste Collector

But if you are talking about sending your daughters to St. Anne or similar schools in SF, forget it. It’s not gonna have the same network effect as the one in PA.

1 Like