Ok, 65-1.... Game Over Folks?

“ In her initial conversations with The New Yorker , she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty. After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away. Ramirez is now calling for the F.B.I. to investigate Kavanaugh’s role in the incident. “I would think an F.B.I. investigation would be warranted,” she said.”

Yeah, that sounds bullet proof. 6 days of trying to remember something from 35 years ago.

Sure, let’s open an FBI investigation into the allegations. If she lied that’s perjury right there.

1 Like

The case that swung me on these things is the Duke lacrosse case. If you don’t know about it, google it. It’s why men deserve their day in court before they are fired, expelled from school, or have other penalties handed out. Juwan Howard is another high profile one.

There’s also been a number of students winning lawsuits against schools for violating due process with disciplinary boards. Some only allow the woman to testify and present evidence. The man isn’t even allowed to be there, present witnesses, testify on his in behalf, or anything. It’s a complete violation of constitutional rights.

1 Like

You are right, and he is right.

The fact that any woman can accuse a man of something 30 years ago and ruin his career now is scary. Even if she backs out of her accusation, his reputation is tainted. Already Harvard law students are asking that he be investigated–they will force Harvard to stop letting him teach even if the FBI can’t find evidence. There will always be a shadow of doubt, and people will use it to restrict his job options.

I fear for my own sons. Not because I think they’ll do something wrong, but because they could go through life doing nothing wrong and still have their careers ruined. My daughter will not face this difficulty.

4 Likes

99.99% of men go thru life just fine. Tell your sons not to get drunk at parties and they will be fine.

Uh, hold on, to be fair, tell your daughter to not become a high school teacher and sleep with the star quarterback…

1 Like

Men and women can sleep with whoever, with consent. I never get into rapey situations. Why is it hard?

Oh… yeah good point.

1 Like

Because you have to stay sober at all times to prove you aren’t the type of person to do something wrong.

Anyone who gets fame and power is a target.

I was accused of using my physical size to bully female coworkers. The female was quitting and aired a massive list of grievances with the department. The exec she told then made my boss do a full investigation without my knowledge of the complaint or investigation. She had to talk to every female in the department and that I worked with and ask them about it. Every single person said no way, so nothing came of it. My boss only told me about it after the fact.

3 Likes

So in your case nothing happened to you. If you didn’t do any wrong 99.9% of the time there’s nothing to fear.

And if the girls had hated him, he could’ve lost his job with false accusations.

I’ve seen situations where women have ganged up against someone they didn’t like.

2 Likes

That’s because you are not nominated for an important post with huge stakes. :rofl:

Blame Mark Twain:

Why are you putting so much weight behind what Ford says? Her 3 alleged witnesses who were at the party say the party didn’t even happen. That would make it very difficult for the alleged assault to happen. There’s zero witnesses that can even put them at the same party.

Why are you willing to brush her off without any investigations? What’s the hurry?

And Mark Judge who was the witness in the Ford accusation (Judge is Kavanaugh’s friend) has refused to testify and said he will claim the fifth if forced to. So there is more to it then meets the eye. Why should there not be an investigation?

2 Likes

Shoe after shoe is starting to drop. Too many "I do not recall"s for there to be no ‘there there.’ Pretty typical for an elite East Coast prep school in the early 80’s. The bigger question for me is to what extent we should hold people accountable for events that occurred 30+ years ago when there was a very different standard.

From Farrow’s latest piece: After seeing Judge’s denial, Elizabeth Rasor, who met Judge at Catholic University and was in a relationship with him for about three years, said that she felt morally obligated to challenge his account that “ ‘no horseplay’ took place at Georgetown Prep with women.” Rasor stressed that “under normal circumstances, I wouldn’t reveal information that was told in confidence,” but, she said, “I can’t stand by and watch him lie.” In an interview with The New Yorker , she said, “Mark told me a very different story.” Rasor recalled that Judge had told her ashamedly of an incident that involved him and other boys taking turns having sex with a drunk woman. Rasor said that Judge seemed to regard it as fully consensual. She said that Judge did not name others involved in the incident, and she has no knowledge that Kavanaugh participated. But Rasor was disturbed by the story and noted that it undercut Judge’s protestations about the sexual innocence of Georgetown Prep.

3 Likes

They talked to all 3 alleged witnesses. They can’t even put them at the same party together. What evidence are they going to find from 35 years ago?

Yeah. I think this is really the issue–The 30+ years ago on the hearsay of a bunch of people. As for the different standard–it wasn’t ok in the 80s either, but I’ve got to be honest–and I’m in no way blaming her–but why were women going to these parties if it was really that well known that women were routinely assaulted at them? I just don’t get it.

She was what? 15? Yeah not wise to go to these parties but it’s the men who should be held responsible.

It’s again “not the crime but the coverup” that stinks the most. Too much smoke for it not to have any fire. We are talking about a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land. Someone who should have the highest of characters and have the public’s trust. Right now there is serious doubt on the character front and he definitely doesn’t have the public’s trust. To rush this a month before a major election is beyond cynical.

1 Like