One Out of Every 20 Americans Is Now a Millionaire

Source: One Out of Every 20 Americans Is Now a Millionaire

The number of millionaires in the U.S. just hit an all-time high, a new banking report finds.

In its annual report on the state of global wealth, Credit Suisse says 1.1 million new millionaires were created in the U.S. in 2017. That brings the total number of millionaires in the U.S. up to approximately 15,356,000, or about one in every 20 Americans.

The rise in the stock market is the biggest reason for the gains, which in turn were driven by both stronger underlying economic conditions and the prospect of lower taxes and deregulation, Credit Suisse reported.

1 Like

I asked around in my hood, out of 300 all of them showed me the finger. :sweat_smile:

We should be celebrating the opportunity in America. We are one of the best places for hard working people to get ahead.

2 Likes

Thank you Obama.

3 Likes

Only 1 out of 20? Almost every Singaporean is a millionaire :grin: Asset rich (HDB flats + CPF) cash poor (high DTI) though. Luckily got cheap and good (some got Michelin star) hawker’s food.
Not talking about private condo (all above $1M) and landed property (upwards $3M).

1 Like

Who are you going to give credit/blame for the record number on food stamps?

1 Like

Also, lazy people here can enjoy life as well without the need to get ahead :rofl:

2 Likes

Singapore is a city-state. Can’t compare that to a real country. Because America has both urban and rural areas. Sinagapore is all urban.

Is there any farmland at all in Singapore? Maybe 0.1%?..

Very strange, some hypocrite people say “I am not a twhitler supporter” but bend over to take it for him.

Thus their good way of living. Here in the US, those in the urban areas, you know, states in disarray, most red states are the ones dragging us through the mud.

2 Likes

Then America should learn from Singapore. Change all to urban :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, the classic but Obama, but Hillary. butt…

That title is going to be given to…to…we know who he is. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Food Stamps

The number of people receiving food aid under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly known as “food stamps”) rose by a third under Obama.
In Obama’s last month in office, there were just under 42.7 million Americans receiving SNAP assistance, a gain of 10.7 million or just under 33.5 percent from January 2009.
The number grew as the 2007-2009 recession threw millions out of work, as benefit levels were boosted for several years by the stimulus legislation Obama signed in 2009. The average benefit per person went up from around $113 per person in January 2009 to around $134 in July.
At the peak of food stamp enrollment in December 2012, a total of 47.8 million were receiving aid, an increase of nearly 16 million or 49 percent.
But then millions melted from the rolls as employment and incomes improved, and as Congress cut benefit levels, which dropped to a monthly average of around $124 per person in Obama’s final month.
Measured from his first month to his last, benefit levels and enrollment both grew less under Obama than under his predecessor.
Under George W. Bush, the number of people getting food stamps grew by 14.7 million, or 85 percent (compared with the 10.7 million, 33 percent gain under Obama). The average monthly benefit per person grew from $73.89 in the month Bush took office to $113.60 the month he left. That’s a 54 percent increase, compared with the 9 percent gain at the end of Obama’s time in office

TY OBAMA

3 Likes

Wait, wait…a Trump supporter will be back to give us mumble jumble…just wait…:laughing:

Can’t do that… The world needs farmlands for people to eat. However, San Francisco can certainly try to break away from America and become a city-state :wink:

Don’t they have a hi tech solution to that? Some kind of Soylent drink that no need farmland?

Um… I think you still need the farm to produce soy… :smile:

Hydroponic or something? Grow them on ocean?

I’ve stated Obama was great for the top 10%. They are the ones that benefited from the stock market rise. It seems no matter who’s in power the number of rich increase and the number of poor increase. That’s why I don’t get the whole attitude of republicans only care about and serve the rich while democrats care about and serve the working class and poor. The end result of both parties is the same. Pretending they are complete opposites is a joke. Especially when Bush and Obama had many of the same top donors. People need to wake up and realize the 2 parties aren’t that different, and they are both the enemy. Neither one represents the interest of the people. The government is the problem not the solution to our problems.