Palo Alto Rocking overlists

Even Saratoga’s Asian population is too small for my taste.

School population, or general population?

I am non-asian, so no problem on my side. I would wish, however, to be close to some jewish community.

There will still be an occasional car or two. You wear those reflexive vests like a construction worker? Dogs too? :smile:

Sidebar: can you tell Jewish people from non-Jewish? To me you guys are just white people. Like can you tell Seinfeld is Jewish if you don’t know his last name?

School population. I want balance ratio of Asian student: neither majority or minority.

Most jewish like to be “invisible”, partly the reason why they - over time - became white. There are things that give them away, mostly it is in the name/last name. OTherwise, we are all white people. American born jewish is hard to distinguish just from the looks (there are some giveaways - but that’s rare). Israeli born ones easy to distinguish from their accents.

But mostly, you figure out as you talk.

No sidewalks in Tahoe Keys. Generally wealthy communities don’t have sidewalks.

If you want to be close to a Jewish community, you should come to Palo Alto. Palo Alto has relatively higher concentration of Jews. There is a Jewish community center on San Antonio near 101, and there are numerous Jewish schools and churches in PA.

On weekends I’ve seen many Jewish families walk to church in their traditional clothing. I remember I once had a conversation with a Jewish friend about why Jews like to be in PA. He gave me one example. I don’t quite remember the details but it’s something like this. I guess for some ultra-orthodox branch of Jews on weekends you have to walk to your church along some kind of invisible line which must be approved by someone higher up. To get that approval this higher-up person must travel from Israel to your town and walk the line then he can tell you whether it can or cannot qualify. Apparently the passing rate isn’t very high so over time the Jews tend to not bother with new routes and just stick with whatever lines that have already been approved before. I guess PA has been blessed with multiple such routes so it started to become a no-brainer for Jews to move to PA in order to have an easier time to go to church every week. I’ve never tried to validate whether this is real, but it sounds plausible.

1 Like

Oh man! Ultra bullish for PA real estate!!!

that’s probably true.

Need to buy up all the PA houses with street number 18.

1 Like

you are combining chinese things with jewish prospects? wow.

There is also a relatively large Russian population in PA. I don’t know if it largely overlaps with Jewish population or they are separate, but you can often hear Russian spoken on children’s playgrounds.

I think russian-speaking people are likely to be jewish, but that’s a guess.

I thought you guys also like the number 18?

I am not jewish, so i didn’t know!

Those face East or South are worth tons more.

Increased demand :rofl:

wth with all these superstitions?!

Bigger lots, better looking homes, more neighborhood feel. I like areas without the sidewalks much better - less developed feel that I like. When I look at residential areas, I rate how desirable by how many cars are parked in the streets versus driveways. Less on the streets, the better it is for me. AFA Menlo Park areas, I like west of El Camino (some huge lots) and some parts of MP near Atherton east of El Camino.

2 Likes

I like diverse. Not comfortable if all Asian, Hispanic, white or whatever. But, I too am diverse.

1 Like