Price Estimates - Palo Alto edition

Price drop:

Barron park is not a hot part of palo alto, so maybe that’s why.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/248-Whitclem-Dr-Palo-Alto-CA-94306/19509027_zpid/

Came back on market with a massive price cut.

:heart_eyes:

does that mean you are an eichler fan?

I’m a fan of anything that’s located in Palo Alto :heart_eyes:

What do you guys think of price estimate on this one: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Palo-Alto/3130-Ramona-St-94306/home/601925

Close to alma and on loma verde, will get significant noise. but there’s a comp:

sold for Significantly higher even though it was smaller. 2.7 seems a bit too much, though. So my bet is 2.75, i am sure that’s about what the seller is expecting too.

I’ll save you 250K. Offer deadline is passed and no offer on the table :wink:

Is slow down coming into fortress itself? I thought that house is priced well.

1 Like

The property in question is across the street from an elementary school and next door to what looks like an apartment complex. This means nothing, and was too easy to justify.

Sometimes, they list at a price but are actually expecting another. So if it is listed low and it is still available, it doesn’t mean no one wants to buy it at that price. I’ve seen several houses on for several weeks and in the end it still sold for higher than asking. This strategy doesn’t work so well now in this cooled market.

That’s what i meant: “So my bet is 2.75, i am sure that’s about what the seller is expecting too.”

I agree that people use that strategy. But when you have no offer on the table, begger can’t be chooser, right? My point is it seems like buyers can be picky about price and location now a days and I am curious on what it will actually sell for.

Seller may decide to not sell. Especially if they are not in a hurry (divorce, death, urgent financial need etc).

Yes, I’ve seen many cases where the sellers just take the house off market if they don’t get the price they want. The economy is still strong (unlike 2009) so there’s no real reason to do sell it for a bargain.

another teaser price.

Now this is interesting:

How so?

Great price and great location

Mid town, or a bit outside of midtown palo alto was selling for 3.5 a little over a year ago, houses in worse condition.
This house is great, location is better. Lot is small though (but others were small too).

Not anything either of you can afford… :roll_eyes: