Price Estimates - Palo Alto edition

5.24M. Sounds like a decent deal!

I know that area as the palm of my hand. I have a long time acquaintance on Hamilton Ave. And Hamilton Ave to me is one of the best streets there is in PA. It has both University and Embarcadero as the entry way to PA and they are noisy.

If you go up on University, you get to the famous “downtown”. Nice area to stroll around night time. Make sure you visit that famous photographer, he has his museum quality photos from Africa and everywhere else.

The problem with PA is that it is not that big of a town and it is a colonial type of city. Old houses abound, and the ones daring to build a new home may find obstacles to defeat. And, as any other city, parking becomes an issue.

The eyesore to that area is at the end of University ave. We see that both EPA and PA are divided by a creek and/or a street I forgot its name now. After you cross that creek, EPA and its bunches of rentals start. There’s one on Cooley Ave, I lived there, I know all about it.

But, what you are buying is a piece of history, or the name, Palo Alto, high, tall tree. You become a rich man, with holes in your underwear, and living check after check, pinching whatever you can save to survive if you dare to live a dream of unfinished expectations :wink:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Palo-Alto/927-Guinda-St-94301/home/1853326

The owner is probably not doing a service to himself for not having a professional staging & photo. Looks like it got a haircut. I saw worse houses sell for more, in worse parts of PA. This one is in community center.

Holy:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1800-Newell-Rd-Palo-Alto-CA-94303/19469845_zpid/

Triangle lot and right across from the church. This is a double no for many Chinese buyers in PA :wink:

Either the agent doesn’t know how to use cell phone camera, or going for artistic look

Pictures are hilarious. :slight_smile:
I don’t know what seller is thinking.
Do they really want to pay 70K for this kind of work quality?

How do you know? Maybe agent only earning 1% that’s why pissed… :rofl:

Right. That explains the picture quality well. :slight_smile:

Agent probably still uses a flip phone. Anything wrong with that?! :rage:

they certainly used pocket calculator to take that photo.

Is it possible this is one of those self listings using a discount broker where they submit all the photos and information themselves?

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Palo-Alto-CA/0_fr/1_fs/26374_rid/pricea_sort/37.516125,-121.957169,37.247137,-122.313881_rect/X1-SS1nykcyjxzcw0b_7ew1d_sse/19506742_zpid/

My favorite listings, stanford faculty. You would assume they’d be subsidized, but no. They are at market price, i assume though they have no competition?

This is below market. It is a 1 acre lot. Remember the 18M home?

That one was “only” 0.7 acre.

11.7% annual appreciation. Crazy.

Cherrypicking price drops:

too close to 101, and in an eichler neighborhood.

And power pole in the backyard in photo 23 & photo 24. That’s might be the biggest con.

This stayed on market for a long time for a brand new home in PA. Similar reasons - 101, electric pole, etc.
Oh and the second floor wasn’t level, i could feel the slope - noone was able to i think :smiley:

This was built by Dr. Hao ( a known chiropractor ) with the cheap materiel known in Bay Area. Dr. hao was having too much money and did this for hobby

yes, it felt cheap and the second-floor-not-level issue was very telling. Still better than a lot of the bay area homes :stuck_out_tongue: