RacistForums or RealEstateForums?

Sorry to step here.

People forget things that forum is group of unknown people, sharing information for the benefit of group community.

United we raise, divided we fall. Lot of people were hit and getting hurt.

Previously, I used to update often, nowadays, rarely visit once a day or sometime even not. It used to take hours to write my topics, spend more time, but ultimately discouraged, left the forum almost convinced that red-fin forum will soon go off-of-market soon.

Every time I update reddit, I used to bring Bay area people here.

I am not pointing anyone or anyone’s remark, but looks to me forum is going out of control or order.

Manch is great to unite so many people, provide a common place to meet and discuss, spending his own money, time and efforts. I salute his great service, dedication and but needs to implement some control or order, esp lock the thread and other control measures.

Some of the important rules must be created and must be adhere to keeping people unit. Mainly to identify neutral person and whoever is ready to be moderator.

Moderator job is not easy as they need to read everything and take neutral position. We can not satisfy 100% everyone, but 80% or 90% is healthy one to grow the community.

I do not want to be moderator as I have some ego, bias and do not have time, above all, I will not be updating actively anymore.

If I am not telling here, I will never tell you in future as I am leaving slowly.

Good Luck to you all, keep reading…educate more…it is not going to be waste.

Absolutely. If issues regarding racial biases and attacking are not resolved, I will also threaten to leave this forum :rofl:

And yes, we need a moderator to punish people using racial slurs, especially when they were used against Chinese because that’s the only type of slur I’ve encountered on this forum.

And Latinos.

1 Like

Can you tell me more why you feel this way? Too much non-RE content? Too much bickering? Too much politics?

Well, some posters forgot they were all por “killing political correctness” but are the same ones getting insulted by the result of it. So, Jil, here it goes!

You were, a well educated poster Jil. Except you lost your luster the day you accused me, with another mob mentality people of being a fraudster. The company’s illustrations I showed here are from a Co. established in 1848, the one that gave Lincoln’s family the check for his life insurance policy.

I may have had some fault in the way I reacted, me always offering advice or trying to help anybody on guiding towards any service I deemed would increase their way they live their lives was called a fraudster. :tired_face:
Any insults, deserved or not for calling me a fraud, my apologies if that helps you to return to the forum.

But, since it is time to tell it like it is, I felt disappointed at your attitude towards something you didn’t understand. You may be well educated on what you do, but if you knew what I know how corporations and individuals can use tax loopholes to make a good living, you would do better.

You just said it: Isn’t this why this forum was created? By others helping others, be this RE, the stock market, home, auto and why not life insurance? Why attacking one but not the others? Is it because on the other ones you were making money the way you know, but the other one was too hard for you to understand?

But attacking the message and the messenger by calling me fraud, didn’t help this forum at all.

Also, I am on the opinion that whatever you do, and whoever you do those things, be investments or whatnot, you should always have the moral values in you. When you support a person insulting your community and others, and you stay silent but praise him on this forum, you are no better that those you think do whatever bad to this forum. I wouldn’t change my soul for money, I walk away when I see evil in anybody.

All and all, after things are being said, you are a smart person. I am not according to some posters, but I am humble to admit it.

Good luck to you.

Now, let’s go on with Calboy’s request.

Per “fake news” as it is called by some posters “the media”, some immigrants from China are being tracked down in the US and threatened by Chinese authorities. This is bad for these immigrants, no doubt about it.

“I’ve heard about many of these cases of influence and intimidation from Chinese authorities being extended to Uighurs abroad, whether they are students or journalists or everyday people,” said James Millward, a professor of Chinese and Central Asian history at Georgetown University. “In many cases they are permanent residents, green card holders, or even citizens in the United States, Australia, or elsewhere.”

Fatigue.

All of the above.

Wow @buyinghouse you must have had a very relaxing vacation. What a nice thing to say :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Harriet. I appreciate your comment.

Jil is a smart person, I believe he immigrated to the US and I admire him for achieving so much in his life, but as a human being, he fell in the trap of the mob mentality. What triggered him, to attack me was not knowing about my product, that’s all.

For those reading me, sorry, my apologies, sometimes the Guatemalan in me takes place.

Jil said something valid, this forum should be to help each other, without discriminating on what anybody offers as a vehicle to make anybody achieve good things in life.

People come here in part because they don’t have to feel like they’re walking on eggshells. Lets not change a thing.

3 Likes

Yes… too many eggshells from your 9-5 jobs already. Why not unleash your true self here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have friends from my home town that voted for “the thing”. I keep an amicable relationship with them, they call me, I called them, except for those ex-friends who went “deep state” and parrot nonsense. None the less, believe it or not, I kicked some friends out of my life because they are racists. One of them, being born here, grew up over there and his last name entitles him to insult my people, my family and, other nationalities and races.

I agree with acre, if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the boiler room. :rofl:

Oh, I had a friend, one of those guys that went homeless being the walking circus in town. He knew jokes, vulgar language, you name it, but he was an alcoholic and a bum.
One day, he is asking for a few bucks to buy himself a beer. We told him that one of the sugar mills, which were abundant around my former home town, was hiring a guy for the boiler room. His response made us pee in our pants. He said: “Gee man! You think I am Satan’s son to be in that f…inferno?” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that photoshopped?

Can you tell me more why you feel this way?

The main reason is that few of the experienced forum members started leaving, openly posted that they were hurt leaving, and this thread also started as a feedback. They feel it is unproductive for them to continue.

Content is not an issue. Either RE or Investments, it is beneficial to people or community. Politics is also fine as long as it is limited level. Everyone has different views.

Many people, including me, do not like restriction. Everyone wants to freely discuss, but everyone must understand they are not stepping beyond lines.

You have already implemented hiding the content when many feel it is not correct.

There is a minor difference between productive discussion and controversy (or attack). Some one needs to judge in between, inform the parties crossing the lanes.

It is a sign of forum’s growth or visibility or expansion. Since the forum is growing more and more, topics can easily get into controversial subject.

There are many pictures of them hugging, specially when Barbara Bush passed away. She is always sitting next to him. During McCain’s eulogy, she was next to him and there’s a moment where he passes her a candy.

[quote=“Jil, post:36, topic:5738”]
There is a minor difference between productive discussion and controversy (or attack). Some one needs to judge in between, inform the parties crossing the lanes.[/quote]

I appreciate this forum’s posters for sharing their insight, experiences, opinions and humor. Also for passing on articles which others might find interesting or informative. To me it is obvious which posts were thoughtfully written. I especially appreciate those quality posts, such as those which Jil took the time and effort to post with sincerity. They are well worth reading! The ones which involve random, baseless accusations (like the OP) don’t deserve a response IMHO.

I think manch is doing a great job! It’s just hard to avoid the clique-ishness that usually forms when you have a small group of paricipants chatting in a private setting… Very few people can afford to buy in the bay area now so the audience is further limited.

5 Likes

I usually focus on Real Estate, Investing, or Finance threads. But this one caught my attention.

I’m curious who carboy is. So I checked his past activity. Looks like he has 2 posts. Neither are conducive to the Real Estate nor anything remotely to Investing. Looks like a troll to me.

1 Like

Troll it is. He or she? Didn’t comeback for anything.
Good thing he is on my side, against “the thing”.

It might be someone else’s second alias. it’s fine. let it flow.

2 Likes