Real Estate in Secular Uptrend

I have no clue so not sure whether should be considered as headwind or tailwind…

I do not understand the usage of words tailwind and headwind in this context. What do these mean?

Is in relationship with flying a plane. Headwind slowdown the plane, tailwind speed up the plane.

So in this context, tailwind means speedup the uptrend and headwind means slowdown the uptrend.

I do not quite understand it. But, a lot of people mistake money printing with economic growth. Just like some parents may mistake grade inflation as increase in knowledge. Who stops giving A+ to dumb students if it makes parents happy and willing to pay top dollars to schools?

If i was a software engineer i will also buy my own single family as software engineer a separate Gym room with air circulation needed after working long hours in front of computer.
Also garage need to modified make it larger so SUVs , Trucks and Minivan can park inside. Too many property crimes parking on street. and comprehensive camera and drone security system to look at neighborhood.
Pool and kids play ground backyard addition. Work form home and pandemic makes homes become Gym, Park, office, storage all in one.

Software Engineers are buying homes as far as Tracy and Manteca, about 50-70 miles away from Sunnyvale. I wonder what kind of future do the high density housing (and TODs) have in the bay area?

well you can see the rents in Sunnyvale. Sunnyvale looks pretty rundown place. i think most of Santa Clara county is superfund site. with all the chemicals in the ground.

If more population moved to Eastbay places like San Ramon, Fremont, Dublin, Danaville, Pleasanton. are expected to lift the boats of surrounding areas. i expect more qualified teachers want to teach in Eastbay.

Biden is going to end the 1031-exchange

Biden is going to end anything that promotes savings. MMT in action? The problem is that when no one saves, whose savings would these spenders steal from?

They just print more money. That solves everything under MMT.

When there is no value left to be stolen from, the US dollars will be just as valuable as monopoly dollars.

Tirupattur recently wrote in a research note, adding that millennials are partially driving demand for housing because that generation continues “to drive household formation at a rate 30-50% above the long-run rate of new household formation.”

1 Like

great future. the poors have to live somewhere. :wink:

poor people cannot afford housing in these newly coming TODs and high density multifamily homes unless government converts them into publicly subsidized or section-8 supported units. Ask if the builders want to do that.

Gov. Newsom rolls out $12 billion plan to fight homelessness

Plan promises to end family homelessness in five years

1 Like

They really think $12B will do it? If that’s all it cost, why hasn’t it been done?

$13B over 3 years didn’t move the needle. Now $12B over 5 years will solve it? I’ll count myself as skeptical on this one.

1 Like

Number one cause of homelessness is drug use. In fact the number one cause of the decay of society is drug use. Solve that and you can solve everything. Look at the case of a BA student who went to Italy tried to buy drugs and killed a cop. Look at George Floyd . Died on drugs. Half the prisoners are in on drugs. Until this country deals with drug abuse nothing will get better, period.
Who wants a drug user in your home? Kid’s caught with drugs end up on the street. Doomed to a life of drug abuse. Or worse… dead or in prison.

Three lives ruined because the two dumb kids thought it would be cool to buy coke in Italy. Why didn’t their parents beat the shit out them if they even mentioned drugs were cool?
The idea of making drugs legal and cool makes me ill.

3 Likes

Newsom should really stop this shit with throwing money out of a truck to stave off his recall.
I could see so many other uses with the budget surplus - bring back nuclear power plants or invest in a few water desalination projects.

2 Likes

The irony that 99% of the drug problem was created and enabled by the government should tell us all we need to know about the odds of the government fixing it. Yet, we have tons of people who expect the government to fix things.

Repost @manch link… keep issue in the same thread. Article provides no new insights, just verification of what we knew moons ago.

Take note of the two secular issues that we talked about…

Formation of family by millennials
Longer lifespan due to advance in medical science

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 12.03.09 PM