Reason for my pessimism, the silent Killer of Economy!

OMG, this old fool is not dead yet?

1 Like

Not a big deal. Would just mean a retreat to December prices.

1 Like

I wasn’t even reading what he said. I was just surprised that the fool’s still alive upon seeing his name.

IMO,The bold high-lighted is wrong.Market forces are pulling without any real growth or real fundamental changes. Today, S&P reaches 2850 and it can even go to 2950, the threshold area when all things are showing negative.

Except 1957-1959 period, all history shown that we are at peak. All I know this is not right, but I do not know why market keeps going up.

Only guess is market is trying to trap the bullish people. As of today, with S&P 500 at 2850 market is above 110 days peak, which is high.

Still I have 95% cash position, and almost lost 1.5% in market growth as I stopped investing after 12.07% this year.

Go back to school to learn econ 101 :slight_smile:

Big mistake, should have poured all in STNE. Many studies have shown that putting into a few, even one*, yield much higher return, than many tickers. Many tickers (I would recommend S&P index) is for wealth preservation. One to few for wealth growth.
*This is the real secret of investing!

It is risky to place all money in one stock STNE, but spreading across helps in the long run. I did spread across many companies including STNE.

Look at break out and resistance level. I have not seen market going up beyond this point except 1957-1959.

I do not know whether we are in middle (break out) or max (Resistance), but market going up is anomally now.

Direction is seldom clear :slight_smile: especially just before a huge jump or dive.

VOO is about to golden cross :slight_smile: Look like is on its way to a new ATH.

1 Like

When economy pointing downward trend, yoy reduction in GDP, market going up is an exhuberance issue!

When others are greedy, I am scared !

Why haven’t you sold your houses though. Home prices already came down and could come down more.

He’s not willing to pay 5% commission

:scream:

FedEx misses on earnings and slashes full-year guidance, citing slowing global trade — stock falls

What is the difference between stocks and bonds? If you tell me the reason, you won’t ask this question!

Bonds are actually better than sitting in cash. But the worst sin is not to collateralize your home equity for further investment.

I can give many differences between bonds and stocks. They are not same and they can not be treated same.

During economic turbulence time, bonds are preferred instruments than stocks.

Real estate follows the same bond market, stable and cash flow related. They are good to hold (not buy, but hold) during economic turbulent period. As long as you hold, you get some decent returns. Same way dividend aristocrats are preferred as hold (like your aapl) during economic volatility, but not the growth stocks.

Dividends or rent directly comes from product/company while stock price comes from market, which is bound to go down beyond its value.

You can never achieve 1000% gain in reasonable timeframe with dividends and real estate. That could take you a life time.

I achieved 1000% gain with both Aapl and Tsla in less than a decade (most of my gains in Aapl was before they issued dividends).

2 Likes

In the last 10 years, some houses can give you 10x return with 1:5 leverage

Ok well then my gain with my rentals is infinity because I financed everything with 100% debt.

1 Like

Then your RE return is much better than your aapl.

I agree that bond won’t give you this type of return

My Aapl is also infinity because they gave them to me for free as stock options.

2 Likes

Everything you have was given to you via salary or stock , right?

Everyone is an infinity. They come to the world with 0 networth and most of them have a positive networth later